Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is sending a playlist to two versions of Foobar possible? (Read 4588 times) previous topic - next topic

Is sending a playlist to two versions of Foobar possible?

Hi,

before Foobar 0.9 I used to rip most of the internet-radio streams I listened to, using the modified http-reader. As it now seems that ripping streams with 0.9 is not possible anymore -      - I think I have to resort back to using 0.8x. Well, for the ripping, at least.

I already know that it is possible to have two versions of Foobar installed, but would it be possible for the playlists to be sent to both of these versions, ie. if I click an internet-radio link in the browser, 0.9x would start playing back the stream via the soundcard, and 0.8x would at the same time rip the stream (using perhaps some null-output or another soundcard)?

This would enable me to use the more stable and user-friendly version 0.9x for the actual playback but still enable ripping. 

Wbr, Tatu

Reply #1
It would also mean downloading the data twice.

Reply #2
It would also mean downloading the data twice.

David,

compromising some bandwidth would in this case be ok for me.

- Tatu

Reply #3
Diskussion about ripping using Foobar and Streamripper

you can use streamripper to rip

So download
- streamripper win32 console version
put streamripper and the streamripper.exe und die 3 dll in C:\WINDOWS\system32
- download foobar_run and put this in your components folder
Go preferences| tools | run services

Add new service name it stream ripper

path for example:  streamripper %path% -d C:\MP3\ -r 8008  (you can change the path of the mp3)

Install foo_run, and add a run service such as: streamripper %path% -d X:\streamrips\ -r 8008

Then add a stream location: http://localhost:8008/ - if you want to listen to the same stream, but not use double the bandwidth

Reply #4
Useless full-quote of the previous post removed by moderation.

Spirit,

thank you very much for this info, and thank You Cosmo for the ripper! 

I had missed this piece of information completely, I thought ripping was still not possible with 0.9x.  I will give the ripper a try on the weekend!

- Tatu

Reply #5
Useless full-quote of the previous post removed by moderation.

You can also click a stream and than klick right "convert to" but this would mean getting a big file and no playlist so you won't know which songs are in there