Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows script to conditionally update flac files (Read 11647 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows script to conditionally update flac files

[attachment=2782:attachment]
edit: improved version.

Reply #1
What is this for?

Reply #2
If you look at the 2 "cmd" files in the download, that should give you an idea of what it does.

Basically, I wanted a way to:

1). Update all the B64 encoded COVERART tags embedded in my flacs to the new PICTURE format supported by flac 1.1.3 (and by SlimServer 7).

2). Re-encode my flacs with the 1.1.3 encoder which gets a few % better compression.

Those cmd files will do that, and will skip over any flacs that have already been converted. In windows, just right-click on the cmd files and select "edit" to look them over.

The FlacGetV.exe utility just reports the vendor string from a flac file.  It then exits with an error code that the calling script uses to decide whether or not to re-encode the flac.

Reply #3
Hi,

I have downloaded FlacGetV.exe and the dll files.
I have put them in the same folder, but when I run FlacGetV it comes with the following
error message in a message window:
The application failed to initialize properly (0x0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application

/Per

Reply #4
Hi,

I have downloaded FlacGetV.exe and the dll files.
I have put them in the same folder, but when I run FlacGetV it comes with the following
error message in a message window:
The application failed to initialize properly (0x0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application

/Per

I'm puzzled by this too. 
I'm getting the exact same error message on one computer (desktop PC), but on the other (laptop) it's working fine.  Both are running Win XP home.  I even put the .bat .dll in the same directory as flac.exe , to see if that would help, but it hasn't.  flac.exe works on both, it's FlacgetV that seems to be choking on one of them.

Can anyone take a guess at what's wrong?

Reply #5
Can anyone take a guess at what's wrong?

Dependency Walker reveals that libflac.dll is dynamically linked to msvcr80.dll, so you need to install the VC8 runtimes, or alternaly just copy msvcr80.dll into the folder and make a manifest file accordingly, but i would recommend using the official installer as many apps nowadays needs msvcr80dll/msvcp80.dll/msvcm80.dll.

VC8 Runtimes installer :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Reply #6
Installing VC8 Runtime library did the trick. I now work.
Thanks for your help.

/Per