Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: little bug in buffer length (Read 3835 times) previous topic - next topic

little bug in buffer length

the display of the track names in the status bar or in the windows taskbar (just everywhere were the track name is displayed) switches to fast to the next track if you run a playlist. the changing is too fast just like the selected the buffer length in the direct sound setting. if you select 3000ms the display switches 3 seconds before the next track starts for example

Reply #1
the remaining time display seems to be wrong too

take 2 tracks which fade into each other for testing or set the buffer length to 8000
then you'll see what I mean

Reply #2
known "problem", IMO fixing it is really not worth the mess.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
known "problem", IMO fixing it is really not worth the mess.

hm well at least the remaining time display is useless then (for me)

Reply #4
unless the machine playing your music is 5 year old and you are throwing it against a wall, directsound + 400ms buffer should be fine, and the problem is hardly noticeable with such settings.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
unless the machine playing your music is 5 year old and you are throwing it against a wall, directsound + 400ms buffer should be fine, and the problem is hardly noticeable with such settings.

p4 northwood  2.0 ghz, 1024mb ram, i850
on my machine it should be no problem but i got some really old machines also were i would like to run foobar2k, because it's very small and doesn't need much system resources.

well it was just a suggestion to fix it. it's your software and you decide what you do with it.