Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_audioscrobbler ADDITION (Read 5901 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_audioscrobbler ADDITION

here is a small example of what i'm asking for:
i'm scrobbling my listened music to the last.fm
but i don't want to scroblling it when my young sister sits and listen music (don't care if she listen to same music as me or other), so option "only sumbit tracks from the Media Libary" is useless. and i would like to ask for button which can simply change the value 1/0 (on/off) of the "Enable Audioscrobbler" so i don't need to enter "File->Preferences->Audioscrobbler->Uncheck" every time. i could simply click on the button and turn scrobbling off

so... i would like to ask if anyone could make such simple thing for me and others fb2k users? 

Reply #1
Try asking in the audioscrobbler forums. I don't think your request is likely to be noticed here.

Reply #3
Actually it's quite simple: if you download LastFM's scrobbler.player (which the site sort of urges you to do most of the time) you can switch scrobbling on/off and/or change LastFM's username at any time via their right-click menu (or from the app, pressing the INS key).

I know one might feel like LastFM's player is a bit of an unnecessary overkill for the computer, but it's common practice there (plus it enables you to tag and such, if it matters).

I assume audioscrobbler's forums would give a similar answer, since LastFM refuses to support standalone scrobbler components.

Reply #4
Actually it's quite simple: if you download LastFM's scrobbler.player (which the site sort of urges you to do most of the time) you can switch scrobbling on/off and/or change LastFM's username at any time via their right-click menu (or from the app, pressing the INS key).

I know one might feel like LastFM's player is a bit of an unnecessary overkill for the computer, but it's common practice there (plus it enables you to tag and such, if it matters).

I assume audioscrobbler's forums would give a similar answer, since LastFM refuses to support standalone scrobbler components.

Except Last.fm Player is horrible, if only JUST because it makes my floppy drive sound like a chainsaw everytime foobar queues up an MP3 for playback.

Reply #5
last.fm player doesn't exist for me  i prefer foo    i've asked florian for this

Reply #6
is there a button yet??
we really need one! and it should take effect without a need to restart foobar!

I'm almost not using last.fm because of that. and the official last.fm player kills my 1333 mhz system...

so please improve this plugin

Reply #7
that might sound like an overkill, but why no let you sister use a different player without last.fm support?

Reply #8

Except Last.fm Player is horrible, if only JUST because it makes my floppy drive sound like a chainsaw everytime foobar queues up an MP3 for playback.

I think the solution to this is to keep the A: drive enabled in the list of paths that the last.fm player can scrobble. At least, that's what worked for me. It's stupid, I know.