Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature Request: Task Queuing (Read 3085 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature Request: Task Queuing

It would be awesome if we could queue tasks and save them as scripts (which like masstagger are accessible through context or shortcut). Example of usage:

1. While Ripping CDs
Just like React etc, we could make a queue of:
- Get tags from FreeDB
- Secure Rip to lossless format
- Transcode to lossy format
- Replaygain both
- move to required directories
- run albumart script to get required album arts
- run masstager scripts to add required comments (rip date etc etc)

All of this is possible separately, but some kind of queue manager which could automate these tasks would be really cool.

Another scenario:

2. Mass-"transcoding" lossless to lossy
- Transcode to specified directory
- Scan Replaygain
- Get album arts
- run masstagger scripts?

Again, some kind of component capable of automatically calling different components (converter, Replaygain scanner, Foo_run, Masstagger) would really make life easy.

I'm sorry if this has been already posted elsewhere (a quick google search revealed nothing).

Reply #1
Unnecessary full quote removed by moderation.

You can make a batch file with fb2k commands inside of it and to create a foo_run entry to run that file on let's say button press
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

Reply #2
You can make a batch file with fb2k commands inside of it and to create a foo_run entry to run that file on let's say button press

I am very interested in that! Unfortunately i never worked with something like a batch file.
Could you give - if you like - a simple example how to do that. 

Reply #3
How do you put foo commands in a batchfile :|
hi