Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_DeleteCurrent (Read 40555 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_DeleteCurrent

Here comes the Delete Current Track component for Foobar2000

This is a simple component which adds a menu item giving the possibility to delete the current playing track. It allows you to assign a hotkey to this function.

When the function is activated, the current playing track is stopped, and the associated file is moved to the recycle bin. The next track in the playlist, if any, is then started.

Direct download link: http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/foo_DeleteCurrent.zip

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #1
Yeahh, fantastic 

I was waiting so long for such an plugin. Very, very useful.

Thanks again niver

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #2
must he ask "are you sure to delete" ?

it have no sense, because he is deleting it to recycle bin

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #3
Better put an option then; some people are extremely paranoid about losing files

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #5
Hallo niver,

thank you for updating this excellent component.

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #6
this is unbelievably useful, thank you so very much!
exceptionally underated tool, i highly recommended it =)

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #7
Thank you for that very usefull component. Would you be willing to add an option to disable the confirmation-messagebox?

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #8
How about deleting the file after the user has stopped playing the file? Maybe you can make an option for that. At the moment I have to use an Autohotkey script to achive this behaviour. It would be great if your plugin could implement this.

The internal delete command of foobar is very stupid. When a file is playing it doesn't stop it in order to delete it but gives an error message. Could you make your plugin able to delete also files not currently playing?

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #9
I think there is a simple way to implements many requirements of this function, just add 3 or more optional hotkeys:
1. delete without confirm
2. delete with confirm
3. delete after playing

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #11
Really great plugin! 
Would it be possible to have an option to _not_ send the files to the recycle bin but have an confirmation box?

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #12
Just a short question 'cause I can't imagine it:

For what do you need such a plugin?

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #13
Just a short question 'cause I can't imagine it:

For what do you need such a plugin?

If you're listening a complete album of 1 artist, and lets say you only like 4 songs, and 2 songs have blips and noise in them, when you hear that you can use this plugin to easily delete them

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #14
Alright, could be useful for interrupted songs.
On the other hand I've to say, that often songs need their time to become really great.
Anyways - I don't have to use it and the "jumping to next track"-feature of this plugin explains, that you don't use the inbuild function "delete track".
Self explanatory.

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #15
If you're listening a complete album of 1 artist, and lets say you only like 4 songs, and 2 songs have blips and noise in them, when you hear that you can use this plugin to easily delete them

i don't get it.
why don't you guys use ratings to mark the songs you like/dislike?

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #16
'Cause they want to delete those files forever.
Nothing for me, 'cause I think incomplete albums sucks.

Especially 'cause we have great plugins like "foo_skip"

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #17
How about deleting the file after the user has stopped playing the file? Maybe you can make an option for that. At the moment I have to use an Autohotkey script to achive this behaviour. It would be great if your plugin could implement this.

The internal delete command of foobar is very stupid. When a file is playing it doesn't stop it in order to delete it but gives an error message. Could you make your plugin able to delete also files not currently playing?

Hello - I don't understand why, but I wasn't subscribed anymore to my own thread, so I didn't see your replies until now. Sorry guys for the delay, this is not in my habits.

Delete after stop is more complex to implement. The component would have to remember that song, and to monitor until foobar stops or begins playing another file. This is not impossible to do, but I don't understand how this could be really useful to anyone.

To delete a file which is not currently playing, you have to use your mouse to select it in the playlist. As you're already there, you can simply right-click on that song and select File Operations / Delete File. I don't think you need a plugin for that, unless I misunderstood something in your request...

Regards.

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #18
Really great plugin! 
Would it be possible to have an option to _not_ send the files to the recycle bin but have an confirmation box?

Well, I could, until someone selects this option without thinking and then sues me for deleting songs on his computer. Ok, I'm kinda joking, but I see similar behaviors a few times a year (replace "sues" by "threatens to sue"...). Better be safe than sorry.

I think deleting to recycle bin is safer, and emptying the recycle bin is just a few clicks away. If you don't want files to be stored in there, you can disable the recycle bin completely...

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #19
What a brilliant idea, thanks for this plugin, it's great! 

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #21
Look in the menu "Playback".

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #22
AAH thanks a lot, found it, I was looking at the PLAYBACK in preferences, but it was in the drop down menu. Thanks

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #23
Late to the party here, but does anybody know how I can use a hotkey for the confirmation delete?  I downloaded the deleteCurrent component, unzipped the folder, and placed the foo_DeleteCurrent.dll in the component folder inside the foobar2000 folder. Then I went to preferences > general > keyboard shortcuts > add new > main > playback > ask for confirmation before deleting. I added a key in the key area (backspace). I did not click the global hotkey radio button. Then I closed out preferences and restarted Foobar. When I select a track and hit the backspace button, however, nothing happens. I tried using different buttons, combining it with a ctrl or alt, clicking the global hotkey radio button--nothing seems to work. I tried finding out some information through the search here, I found out that maybe I have to "bind" the hotkey somehow? I couldn't find out how to actually do this. Maybe I just don't know the right terms to search for. Anyway, I can't seem to get this to work, and would appreciate any help!

foo_DeleteCurrent

Reply #24
You probably want to select the  "[main] > playback > delete current song" instead. If you set a hotkey to "ask for confirmation before deleting", your hotkey will just toggle that option :-)

Moderation: Removed useless full quote of the preceding post.