Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK Decoding library 1.0.4 (Read 8620 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK Decoding library 1.0.4

Decoding library for TAK ((T)om's lossless (A)udio (K)ompressor).

This archive contains only the decoding library dll which is also part of the SDK. It's provided for end users using third-party applications utilizing the library, who want to update the library to the current version:

Link removed. A new version is out: TAK Decoding library 1.0.4

Fixed:

- The memory manager was not thread safe. Multithreaded applications using more than one decoder instance simultaneously could crash. This was most likely to happen with multi-core systems.

Important:

For now this update should only be tried by users experiencing crashes with foosions' Foobar plugin. As soon as they have provided positive feedback, i will inform you in a new post, that it's now recommended for everyone to use this update.

Reply #1
It works. Thanks 

I tried Replaygaining 800 TAK files, the whole process went through flawlessly.

Reply #2
It works. Thanks 

I tried Replaygaining 800 TAK files, the whole process went through flawlessly.

Great!

Reply #3
Very nice, I've converted my complete lib to TAK now that there is a foobar plugin

Reply #4
Very nice, I've converted my complete lib to TAK now that there is a foobar plugin

Hi Johan, thanks for this report! It's always nice to read good news.

Some days ago an user reported via email, that TAK was creating many not bit identical files, about 1 out of 10. Panic!

Well, we found out, that his CPU's MMX unit was faulty... TAK's encoder can be a good stress test for your system, especially when using the stronger presets.

Thomas