Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: modified version of ABC/HR-java for Linux (Read 3793 times) previous topic - next topic

modified version of ABC/HR-java for Linux

Posting this here in case anyone wants to test it.

[attachment=3280:attachment]
[attachment=3281:attachment]

modified version of ABC/HR-java for Linux

Reply #1
Oh dear... It seems I broke everything except the fastswitching in ABX mode. 

Here is the list of things I broke, now fixed:
Looping
Fastswitching toggle (stuck on in ABX, stuck off in main ABC/HR mode)
Automatic gain setting

Also I fixed that click at the start of playback, and made the range bar adjustable without stopping playback.

Schnofler, if you're interested in integrating any of these changes, it still needs some work on my part to clean it up, ie deleting all my commented out System.out.println's etc.  -  I'll do that if you ask 

One other thing I don't understand is the randomization of samples - if they are randomized, you can't tell which sample you're comparing to the original until the results are saved, which for me was very confusing.  On my first test I was confused because I thought I couldn't ABX mpc at -q 1 (~40kbs) but then I found out  it was a random sample at -q 6 (200kbs). (where's the emoticon for PHEW!)  At least there should be some visual indication that randomization is on.  Just in this version I switched it off for ABX and left it on for ABC/HR mode.

The way I'm testing is to encode a song at about 20 bitrates, then approximately do a binary search to find the lowest bitrate at which I fail the ABX tests - would that be called a transparency threshold?  This gets the minimum size while still being transparent (to me).

Laurence