Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lyrics Show Panel (Modified version) (Read 485824 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyrics Show Panel (Modified version)

Reply #575

* Fix a bug that cache may contain two lyric for one track
    * Add context menu and a option for editing lyric file with external editor
    * Move "Now playing" context menu items to a new popup menu
    * Fix display setting importing/exporting and add support for interval, period, global field

Reply #576

* Fix a bug that cache may contain two lyric for one track
    * Add context menu and a option for editing lyric file with external editor
    * Move "Now playing" context menu items to a new popup menu
    * Fix display setting importing/exporting and add support for interval, period, global field

Awesome updates, thanks alot!
There is one problem though in the Formatting String "when lyrics not found". The color you assign there seems to be ignored and actually the info gets deleted after closing the preferences.

Another problem is the editing of lyrics when they are embedded. Could you please provide some possibility to edit them, too? When I use external program I see an empty document. Would be so cool to for example double click the lyrics in the panel and have some inline editing  But maybe at least the use of the internal tagger only on the lyrics tag would be easy to implement?

Big thanks.

Reply #577
There is one problem though in the Formatting String "when lyrics not found". The color you assign there seems to be ignored and actually the info gets deleted after closing the preferences.

The color in that textbos is indicator which used in titleformatting string, like this:
Code: [Select]
C0C0C0This line is grey'
000000This line is black'

But maybe at least the use of the internal tagger only on the lyrics tag would be easy to implement?

One internal editor is easy but I will consider to implemet it to fit most conditions, becasue there exist various way of storing lyrics...

Reply #578
0.3.3.8 just released, with minor bug fixes and a big change in main menu commands, for details, check changelog.

Reply #579
The last two versions produce a 100% CPU load with timed lyrics.

Reply #580
@elenhil:
Maybe caused by interval setting reset to zero after updating, You may check that in Formatting string->period and Misc -> interval.

Reply #581
@elenhil:
Maybe caused by interval setting reset to zero after updating, You may check that in Formatting string->period and Misc -> interval.

Actually I have the same CPU problem with timestamped lyrics, although I have checked that the two options you mentioned are not set to zero... Well, this leads me to a small feature request again  Do you think it's possible to implement a menu to just delete the time stamps in the lyrics? You already offer copying without stamps so I guess it's easy  Deleting the timestamps but keeping the lyrics is important for remixes or live tracks.. Would be cool!

As I'm hungry... another idea would be to implement some sort of rectangle-drawing or implementing image-positioning to make lyrics look even cooler (and especially the infos when there are no lyrics available). I mean some function like in trackinfo_mod, graphicalbrowser or whatever...

Thanks again for your great work so far.

Reply #582
... As I'm hungry... another idea would be to implement some sort of rectangle-drawing or implementing image-positioning to make lyrics look even cooler (and especially the infos when there are no lyrics available). I mean some function like in trackinfo_mod, graphicalbrowser or whatever....

Well... did  you notice that this component can have transparent background? You can easily achieve the same by putting this on panel_stack_splitter.

Cheers!
<insert signature here>

Reply #583
I think I find the problem, that's because "Enable gobal field processing", I'll fix that in the next version, for now, please uncheck that option.

Reply #584
0.3.3.9 Released, I hope that High CPU usage is gone now 

Reply #586
... As I'm hungry... another idea would be to implement some sort of rectangle-drawing or implementing image-positioning to make lyrics look even cooler (and especially the infos when there are no lyrics available). I mean some function like in trackinfo_mod, graphicalbrowser or whatever....

Well... did  you notice that this component can have transparent background? You can easily achieve the same by putting this on panel_stack_splitter.

Cheers!

Okay, while lyrics are showing that's true.. what I was looking for is a way to have some nice track info when there are no lyrics available. Of course it would be possible to just switch the panel in panel stack splitter to trackinfo_mod. The easier way though would be to use some nice drawing stuff in the lyrics panel  But I guess this is beyond the scope of the plugin, so I'm gonna stick to the other approach.

Reply #587
I tried to find an explanation but I still don't understand what this "Enable global field processing" means.

Seconded.  What IS global field processing?  (New context menu is quite concise and to the point, not used to it being so short yet but definitely something that should have been done)

Reply #588
First off- great plugin! works great, easy to set up etc etc

Just a quick question... can you change the tag which lyrics show panel saves to after downloading?

I use foo_dop to manage music with my ipod, which requires lyrics to be stored in %LYRICS% for m4a and %UNSYNCED LYRICS% for mp3. As ipod's don't support synchronized lyrics, I end with a whole heap of lyrics showing up with the lrc-style time tags (the [00:00.00] before the line).

I'd like to change the tag (i.e. to %SYNCED LYRICS% for example). Is this possible?

Reply #589
from which database does this plugin get its lyrics?

Reply #590
Hi.

I download automatically and embed the lyrics to file and I alway get this message if there were no lyrics before.

Any advice?

Reply #592
Hmm... dunno, I'm thinking maybe because foobar's playing that file at the same time, it's locking it (so other apps can't delete it/mess around with it while it's being accessed). Don't know why it's doing it with this plugin though...

Reply #593
Quote from: T.P Wang link=msg=0 date=

It's not a bug I guess, but if we fail to find lyrics the panel shows only song title/artist and it does't use font from panel setup.

Could you fix?

Reply #594
You can set the font for that in the Formatting String tab of the panels settings.

Reply #595
Great mod. But I have a question and request:

1 - can you make it so we can try multiple searches for the song with different string? I remove any "The" from the beginning of band names. So hence it will search for "Frames" when looking for lyrics and most likely not find them, yet "The Frames" returns lyrics as expected. It'd be nice to somehow allow different searches or maybe regex style where we can customize what matches (e.g. $["The "]{0,1}%artist%^) Any ideas/features for how to make it find "The" bands are appreciated.

2 - what lyric database does this use? I've recently switched to foobar from winamp and the lyrics I used on winamp allowed you to edit the lyrics in the actual database online itself. It'd be nice to have a button to quickly do a google search for the lyrics and upload them to the online database for download and association

Cheers!

Reply #597
It's nice, but I think it's not that convenient if you'd like to work on other things while at the same time taking a glimpse at the lyrics. The major problem is that when minimize the main window, the lyrics is gone too.

Reply #598
It's nice, but I think it's not that convenient if you'd like to work on other things while at the same time taking a glimpse at the lyrics. The major problem is that when minimize the main window, the lyrics is gone too.

To get behavior you want:
1) make foobar2000 always on top
2) go to File-Preferences-Display-Dockable Panels-Minimize panels when minimizing main window (uncheck).

You can also put hot keys on show and hide dockable panel - it's a pity but you can't switch its state by one key and should have two separate keys.

Reply #599

To get behavior you want:
1) make foobar2000 always on top
2) go to File-Preferences-Display-Dockable Panels-Minimize panels when minimizing main window (uncheck).

You can also put hot keys on show and hide dockable panel - it's a pity but you can't switch its state by one key and should have two separate keys.

It works, thanks