Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 272063 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #200
If I click on a group header, all of the songs in the group are highlighted.  If I then hit the page up key, it takes me to the top of the playlist instead of up one page.  Is this a bug?  0.9.5 b1 and b2, default UI

Thanks for reporting. The issue is beeing looked into at the moment.

Edit: Fixed for upcoming beta 3.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #201
Hi,

Adding/enqueueing files in foobar 0.9.5 beta 2 causes a crash. This is reproducable with multiple different mp3s and flac files. For some reason I have one mp3 that works and enqueues and adds fine... 

[...]

EDIT: Never mind! Updating the foo_ui_albumart component fixed the problem. I should have read the thread first. 

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #202
I've browsed the topic here, but didn't find answer (or I just didn't saw it). I can't show console, cause when I'm doing that it just pop-up the window, but with a message 'Could not initialize console: Service not found' instead of standard console communicates.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #203
Looks to me like you removed the new foo_ui_std.dll or are running with the old one.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #204
Hm. I can't seem to find two things after upgrading:
- The playlist cut/copy paste options. The changelog says they are integrated to the core now; however, I can't seem to find them. When searching for strings under the keyboard shortcuts option, "Cut" and "Copy" only come up for layout options.
- Copy Info between files. This was a handy method of copy tags from a tagged album to one that was yet untagged. It's a part of the masstagger, and I don't see a simple to use function in the new file operation dialogs.

I've updated foo_utils as well.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #205
Hm. I can't seem to find two things after upgrading:
- The playlist cut/copy paste options. The changelog says they are integrated to the core now; however, I can't seem to find them. When searching for strings under the keyboard shortcuts option, "Cut" and "Copy" only come up for layout options.
Ctrl+X and Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
They are also in the Playlist's context menu.

- Copy Info between files. This was a handy method of copy tags from a tagged album to one that was yet untagged. It's a part of the masstagger, and I don't see a simple to use function in the new file operation dialogs.
The Properties dialog has been better at this than mass tagger for a long time.
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #206
0.9.5.(b.2) - brilliant! Thanks to all developers!
Now just half an hour configuration instead of days... 

Wishes  It would be good to see in final release option "Stop after queue" and ability to assign keyb. shortcuts for DSP Manager presets. And maybe one crazy visual option: "Load random color scheme at foobar startup" 

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #207
Ctrl+X and Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
They are also in the Playlist's context menu.

When I filter the list for the keywords "cut" or "paste", I can only find options related to the layout. Theres a "copy" option, which describes itself as "Copies selected tracks to Windows Clipboard", but I can't find neither Cut nor Paste.

The Properties dialog has been better at this than mass tagger for a long time.

Is there a way to do it that doesn't involve opening multiple properties boxes? The masstagger one was compact, fast, and effective, and all it required was highlighting files next to each other, in order.

Edit: Another minor thing. I see it is now possible to set the number of work threads for the converter. Very handy option, since in dual core machines, you can now force 1 threads, which improves speeds when working with files on removable media (such converting files form a DVD).
However, forcing 1 work thread is a regression when I'm converting files from my HD, which can handle multiple simultaneous reads.
Would it be possible to set up the Converter so it uses 1 thread when converting from cd/dvd/drive number "x", and 2 threads on my hard drives/drive number "y, z"?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #208
One thing i would like to see in a future version of foobar is the possibility to rightclick in the album list and select "delete from library" or something similar.

Edit: Sorry, i did not mean spam the forum. i understand that my question is not related to the beta testing
And thanks for pointing me in the right direction Frank

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #209
When I filter the list for the keywords "cut" or "paste", I can only find options related to the layout.  (...) I can't find neither Cut nor Paste.

Cut/Copy/Paste commands cannot be assigned to custom keyboard shortcuts.

They only work in certain elements and are hardcoded to Ctrl+X/C/V (i.e. the Windows standard shortcuts).

Is there a way to do it that doesn't involve opening multiple properties boxes?

No, but the solution is still fast enough, and you get a proper preview of how the tags are going to look like.

Select the source files, open Properties, select all fields (Ctrl+A), copy (Ctrl+C), then open Properties for the target files, and paste fields (Ctrl+Shift+V).

One thing i would like to see in a future version of foobar is the possibility to rightclick in the album list and select "delete from library" or something similar.

How is that related to 0.9.5 beta testing? Please do not spam this thread with random proposals.

And actually, it's already possible. Just add the "Remove File(s) from Library" command at Preferences, Display, Context Menu. Note that these files are going to be readded as soon as you rescan the library or add them to a playlist. If you want to physically delete the files, use File Operations, Delete Files. This requires the File Operations component which has to be selected manually during setup.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #210
Cut/Copy/Paste commands cannot be assigned to custom keyboard shortcuts.

They only work in certain elements and are hardcoded to Ctrl+X/C/V (i.e. the Windows standard shortcuts).

Does that include selected tracks in the playlist, because it doesnt seem function that way. It was something I used very, very frequently.

No, but the solution is still fast enough, and you get a proper preview of how the tags are going to look like.

Select the source files, open Properties, select all fields (Ctrl+A), copy (Ctrl+C), then open Properties for the target files, and paste fields (Ctrl+Shift+V).

I know its possible to do it, but as I pointed out, opening multiple properties boxes is much slower.
Anyway, I still use the masstagger so its a moot point.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #211
Does that include selected tracks in the playlist, because it doesnt seem function that way.

Yes, it does. You should also see the commands in the context menu. If that is not the case, then you don't use the Default User Interface.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #212
Does that include selected tracks in the playlist, because it doesnt seem function that way.

Yes, it does. You should also see the commands in the context menu. If that is not the case, then you don't use the Default User Interface.

That seems to be the case, as I use Columns UI. Any idea how can I reimplement it? It's one of my most often used shortcuts...

edit: nevermind, it seems to be a foo_utils issue. I downgraded it to the last 20070125 version, and the commands are back.

edit2: Some problems I noticed in the default uis custom playlist views. It is used for the search dialog (Which I custom mapped to ctrl+f under columns ui). The problem is that it does not override keyboard shortcuts like it used to do (and as every other panel does). So for example, if I have the Spacebar mapped to play/pause for quicker controls, I cannot type search strings with a space in them. It will instead pause the song as I attempt to do so. I realize that Foobar even warns me to not add common keys as shortcuts, but other then this new search window, I've experienced absolutely no issues.

This also makes it impossible to copy/paste phrases from notepad for example, as ctrl+v is mapped to playlist paste. Both of these issues exist using the default ui as well as columns.

And while I'm talking about the new search panel... It is not configurable under columns ui, the config page drops to the blank "another user interface is active" page.
Furthermore, quotes have no effect. Searching for "Dust and" will hit everything that has both the words "Dust" and "And" in them, instead of just dropping back the track that has the exact phrase "Dust and". I seem to recall this working fine in older versions, making it a regression.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #213
edit: problem fixed

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #214
It'd be nice to see the option to disable multiline tabs in favor of left/right buttons.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #215
oh hell, i'm really longing for a linux port 

i tested it on xp, but the annoying thing remains: when i upgrade foobar (eg. uninstall prev version and install the new one) my preferences are lost (the config files are removed from application data), so i had to set it up every time a new version comes out. WHY?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #216
Just install over, no need for uninstalling first and you can keep your configuration.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #217
Just install over, no need for uninstalling first and you can keep your configuration.

hell yeah, should be obvious to me, but it just doesnt always work this way. the installer may notify me that it will be a clean upgrade not some copy-over stuff

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #218
The new file-edit dialog is really great. Filecopy/move-dialog is also a great improvment. I first though: "Oh my - a lot of work to get it working the way I used to do it with masstagger" - but hey: brilliant!

I have little suggestion for the dialog: Could we get a drop down-history for the upper field too?

It moreover would be nice, if the size would be saved. The dialog is too little.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #219
Common practice is to backup both your settings and foobar folder before upgrading.
Or do it manually using 7zip, open the installer and overwrite appropriate files.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #220
Foobar 0.9.5b2 is great, but there are some basic things that are missing IMO. It would be awesome if we could have the features of "album list panel" inside album list. I'm talking about basic features like the album view playlist with "auto send to playlist", that shows immediately the contents of the folders that are focused inside the album list.

Also, album art viewer doesn't show the contents of the focused items inside album list. It only shows the cover of specific focused tracks and not entire albums too, as it should be. Except the above two missing features, i found that when i am in "Layout Editing Mode", i can't delete a UI Element but only cut, copy or paste it. It would be veeery useful if you add the option to delete UI Elements when anyone wants. I'm sure that i'm not the only one who needs these features, because they are very basic and important,so please if you can, consider adding them.

Except the above basic things i think that it would be very good if we could change the playback buttons with our "button kits". This could improve a little the UI. Also, inside the playlist, when we group by artist date and album, it could much more readable if artist and album/date were in different lines, because when album or artist names are long, its easier for the eye to recognise quicker the album title or the artist name (because they are in different places and not the one after the other). I believe that this saves time, and make playlist more organised. 

Thank you very much for this great program!I'm going to miss UI Panels a lot, but i believe in easy and flexible design of the new Foobar.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #221
Hi, was wondering if tagging features; manage scripts, and auto tracknumbers, are gone? Am I over looking these? Thanks.

herefornow
cast out...

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #222
Tagging features can be found in the Properties dialog (right-click on a selection, Properties), including automatically setting track numbers and total tracks (right-click, Auto Track Number), filling values from the file names, formatting fields by means of titleformatting, capitalizing values, and so on; all in the context menus of said dialog. There also is a new Quick Tagger component to set predefined values from the context menu or with keyboard shortcuts.

The Masstagger is no longer developed. It has been removed from the setup and is available at the "Optional components" site as a deprecated component.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #223
Is it possible to process files per 'Automatically Fill Values'-pattern directly by context-menu or at least keyboard-shortcut, comparable with the masstagger-scripts ?
The 'Automatically Fill Values'-panel is nice and has some nice options, but sometimes you want to go the direct way, without click, click, click, click. At least 2 clicks and to much selection on the way IMHO.

The improved Properties Dialog now integrates tagging-features which previously were part of the Masstagger.
Deprecated components: ..Masstagger..

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #224
Thanks Frank, appreciate the help. Really searched before I asked, looked right past it! This version is working fine for me.

cheers,
herefornow
cast out...