Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: split a bigger flac in little flac files (Read 17319 times) previous topic - next topic

split a bigger flac in little flac files

hi,

i wanna split some big files flac into little flacs. ( bigger flac is the whole cd and little ones would be the songs)

any1 knows how i can do it? perhaps a link to a little utils program or a command line in flac exe?

thanks

Reply #1
You need to reencode. foobar2000 does it in a snap: When the FLAC image has loaded the corresponding CUE file, you rightclick the album track-items and choose Convert to, and select the format of your choice (output will only be an image, if you choose that option).
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #2
It'd be easier to re-encode the FLAC's from CD because you'll get the exact track boundary timings.

Reply #4
If the image files contain cue information in the cuesheet metadata block then FLAC can natively extract on a per-track basis, using --cue.

However, most users seem to prefer a CUESHEET Vorbis tag to the cuesheet metadata block.  In this case you may as well use foobar, or ACDIR/CuePROC on the command line.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
... or Cue Tools

Reply #7
Personally, if the flac has an embedded cuesheet, I just let the flac commandline split it for me.

Code: [Select]
flac -d --cue=1.1-2.1 -o track01.wav CDImage.flac
flac -d --cue=2.1-3.1 -o track02.wav CDImage.flac
flac -d --cue=3.1-4.1 -o track03.wav CDImage.flac
flac -d --cue=4.1-5.1 -o track04.wav CDImage.flac

Then it's just a matter of recompressing the resulting wavs to flac. (Although, I guess you could just pipe it...)
"It's the panties fault! The panties made me a pervert!"

Reply #8
Hey Synthetic Soul, how long has it been since we've dealt with splitting image files?
Not long enough.

Then it's just a matter of recompressing the resulting wavs to flac. (Although, I guess you could just pipe it...)
Piping would make sense.  I do like this aspect of FLAC.  That said, using foobar or ACDIR is no big deal, and ACDIR handles Monkey's Audio, FLAC and WavPack natively.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #9
Is there a way to do something similar to the following?

flac.exe --insert-cuesheet-track-selection-option-here 1 input.flac output.flac

If yes, I can do something like the following with bash:

for X in `seq -w 1 12`
do flac --insert-cuesheet-track-selection-option-here $X input.flac output${X}.flac
done

Reply #10
You might be able to do something like the following (untested):

metaflac --export-cuesheet-to - joined.flac | shntool split -o flac joined.flac

Reply #11
Is there a way to do something similar to the following?

flac.exe --insert-cuesheet-track-selection-option-here 1 input.flac output.flac

the correct syntax would be e.g.
flac --cue=3.1 input.flac -o output.flac
but there seem to be some bugs with --cue/--skip and flac->flac encoding which need fixing... will put that on the TODO.