Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_bubble_coverflow (Read 415354 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_bubble_coverflow

Current Version: 0.19
Download / Source code  / Screenshot

30/03/08: I won't do any further release. The source code zip must be unpacked into the SDK directory containing the foobar2000 sub-directory and the columns ui SDK must be installed.
A modified TagLib is included.

Code: [Select]

- fix: upped max number of characters for titleformat strings from 256 to 2048

- add: quick'n'dirty 2D layout mode similar to foo_graphical_browser, but less configurable
- add: mouse action mappings for right-click
- add: new mouse actions: "Display context menu", "Add to active playlist and play", "Send to active playlist and play"
- add: CTRL+UPARROW/DOWNARROW, SHIFT+UPARROW/DOWNARROW change zoom and fov
- chg: ENTER do the same action than the one bound to left click (on central cover).
- chg: if there several monitor used, fullscreen use the same monitor as the one used by foobar window (previously it always used the primary display)
- fix: could not bind a coverflow to the first playlist

- fix: bound playlist changed if entering the config context menu and cancelling

- add: a coverflow can now be bound to any playlist (or the active playlist, as before)
- add: configurable actions for single click, ctrl+click, shift click on covers
- add: context menu is displayed when right clicking on any cover
- chg: if there are several pictures in the id3v2 or flac tag, preferred order is "Front Cover", "Other", "First valid image"
- fix: adding tracks to a playlist refreshes the coverflow
- fix: potential crash when loading embedded art in a playlist entry not bound to a file anymore

- add: support for embedded covert art:
- mp3: ID3V2 tag
- FLAC: FLAC tag or ID3V2 tag
- ogg: image embedded in COVERTART vorbis comment, encoded as base64
- mpc: APEv2 tag

- fix: mipmaps setting remembered but mipmaps not generated on foobar relaunch
- fix: crash when playing, on next track change if playing track was not in the active playlist and "playback follow cursor" was disabled
- fix: hack to make switching to fullscreen with Panel UI work without artifacts
- chg: made the rendering of covers more bright

- fix: bad read of config was causing a "Uncaught exception: Unsupported or corrupted file format" error popup
- fix: click in panel if playlist was empty crashed foobar
- fix attempt: sometimes reflection displayed over text

v 0.12
--------

- add: custom no cover display
- add: flat lighting + reflections, both switchable on/off
- add: visual quality improvments: mipmapping (if not using GL_EXT_rectangle or GL_ARB_rectangle), anisotropic filtering and sync to vblank to avoid artifacts when zooming.
      This should looks much better if the panel has a small size
- add: double-clicking on the center cover will pause the track if it is playing
- add: new keyboard shortcuts: HOME/END go to start/end of playlist, PGUP/PGDN move + or - 10 covers, ENTER is equivalent to double-click on central cover (play/pause)
- fix: in standalone window mode clicking on the close icon in the window frame remembers the state on next foobar launch (same if hitting ESC)
- fix: double-click on a cover, if not the front cover, just put it to the front instead of going fullscreen
- fix: now load covers if full cover filename contains characters > 127 (text display still doesn't work with these)
- fix: remove critical and less useful ever error message in the console (thanks foosion)

The plugin can work either as a UI panel or a standalone window (found in the view menu), and a fullscreen mode for both. I'll make it a UI element when the SDK for it is available.

The plugin uses OpenGL for rendering, and if your hardware support it,  Full Scene Antialiasing is used to eliminate jaggies.

You configure the cover source in the configuration panel (right click in the window for the configuration). The default is folder.jpg.

The cover flow display is a view of the active playlist, and works much like the itunes component. Acting on the active playlist affects the Cover flow and vice versa.

Controls
----------

Double-click : on the window background, toggle fullscreen

left click or ENTER:  On the front cover, start/pause the associated album (by default), on other covers bring them to front
SHIFT+left click: add to active playlist (by default)
CTRL+left click: send to active playlist (by default)

right click: display context menu (by default)
SHIFT+right click: add to active playlist and play (by default)
CTRL+right click: send to active playlist and play (by default)

mousewheel or arrow keys: move forward / backward one cover
PGUP/PGDN: move forward / backward +/- 5 covers
HOME/END: go to first/last cover

CTRL + mousewheel or CRTL + UP/DOWN arrow: move backward / forward the camera
SHFT + mousewheel or CRTL + UP/DOWN arrow: increase/descrese the field of view (fov).
Fullscreen and window mode have separate camera/fov which are saved to config (as well as window size/position for the standalone window mode). Experiment with those 2 settings for custom displays

ESC: in fullscreen mode, go back to fullscreen mode. In a standalone window, close the window

Click on a cover to bring it to the front

The playing track's cover  is automatically put to the front after 10 seconds. You can change it or disable it in the configuration panel.

By default 5 covers are displayed which is fast and low on memory usage. You can increase this value in the configuration for cool displays. It can slow with high values as it's not very optimized. The default of 5 tracks use about 5Mb of RAM for the whole component.

There is room for plenty of improvment and eye-candy, but more on that later!

Known bugs

- "Playback follow cursor" must be enabled for double ckicking on front cover to play album to work
- fixed in 0.14 mipmaps setting remembered but mipmaps not generated on foobar relaunch
- fixed in 0.14 crash when playing, on next track change if playing track was not in the active playlist and "playback follow cursor" was disabled
- fixed in 0.14, needs more testing When used with Panels UI, problems with fullscreen not restoring properly, keyboard focus an other sort of weird bugs not present with Columns UI
- fixed in 0.12 Standalone window does not store its closed state when closed using the X icon in the window frame
- fixed in 0.12 Sometimes cover not displayed if track title has special characters (é, à, etc)
- crash reported when clicking on the center cover after chaging the active playlist

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #1
Whenever I click on the front cover is starts/pauses the LAST track I was playing (It does not switch to the album that matches the cover)

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #2
I got an error when trying to load this plugin in Panels UI I get this:

After the first error I was able to play around in preferences, and I noticed that no matter what I changed, the Apply button was always greyed out :S.

EDIT:

Also, fullscreen, and the keys + mouse wheel don't work for me in Panels UI either. Clicking the covers, and double clicking the front cover do work tho (yay!). Changing the amount of covers doesn't seem to work for me as I always only see a single cover on each side, and the front cover no matter what my settings are. I haven't tested anything in Columns UI yet.

I hope these bugs get fixed . It's nice to finally see cover flow in foobar .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #3
I am getting the same error, as well. At least Keikomium's first one.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #4
Thanks for your component. Does it support Unicode? It can't display any cover if the songs are Chinese, Japanese and Korean.

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #5
Hi, thanx for the 1st coverflow panel available  we wait for it for a long time now

but some pb like those of Keikonium : OpenGL Ext message at launch, panel disapear, no pics for nocover album, so empty squares appears ...

AND autoplaying doesn't work when changing cover ...  and it would be better to launch a track of the selected album by clicking the cover, no ?? (random one or the 1st one => settings ?)

thanx for the work, i hope you will correct these pb asap

my try in action :

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #6
Thanks Apple for the fantastic idea

Hi bubbleguuum, what about embedded covers? Is it real or it wiil be too slow while "extraction"? Maybe do something like images cache in special folder...

In any case, that would be very cool
Thinking Outside The Box

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #7
Thnak for the feed back guys! As it is the first version and I tested only on my (older) config I expected some problems . If something does not work tell me the version of foobar / panels UI / columns UI / playlist component you're using. And the video card model could not hurt either.

Unicode strings: yes it's not supported yet, in the mean time put an empty string for "Front over caption" in the configuration panel, to disable it. planned but it'll be some work as I'll have to use freetype probably.

EXT_texture_rectangle not supported: your hardware does not support an extension I'm using. Anyway I'm going to implement a fallback so it still works. Just curious, what's your video card model ?

Embedded covers: planned

Panels UI:  I didn't test at all with it, just with Columns UI so I'll have to give it a go. Also my columns UI is quite old and I have not tested with the current verson

Apply button always greyed out: I know, a small overlook on my part. But clicking OK applies change anyway

Double clicking on the cover that is to the front not playing the correct track: very surprised by this one as with myconfig it works perfectly. Which foobar / column ui / playlist component are you using ?

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #8
No covers displayed at all!

I can scroll through the blank squares and everthing works fine expect that there are just the blank sqares

Cover path is correct!

defaultUI 0.9.5 & Radeon X1950 GT

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #9
I also get the error message regarding "EXT_texture_rectangle" though my covers are displayed fine (Nvidia 7600GS). Perhaps this topic helps a bit finding out what's wrong with the opengl extension used: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/to...topic_id=411784 .

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #10
Thnak for the feed back guys! As it is the first version and I tested only on my (older) config I expected some problems . If something does not work tell me the version of foobar / panels UI / columns UI / playlist component you're using. And the video card model could not hurt either.

EXT_texture_rectangle not supported: your hardware does not support an extension I'm using. Anyway I'm going to implement a fallback so it still works. Just curious, what's your video card model ?

foobar 0.9.4.5, panelsUI 0.14.0

my config is recent : intel C2Duo e6850 + Graphic Card is a nvidia 8800 GTS 640 Mo, running under Vista 32 bits Premium ...

note that after the message display about 'OpenGL EXT_texture', it looks to work, except when double_clicking to switch to fullscreen => flip on fullscreen 1 second then panel return to original size but OUT of the main foobar (panelsUI), like a lonely panel on the desktop but with no window borders ??? very strange, when i double_click on it, it returns into my main foobar window at is place ...

note that another double_click doesn't do the same, but make it disappear once for all !! (entry always visible in the windows taskbar but impossible to get it back on display ...

I hope it will help you for debugg...

Waiting fot the v0.2

Bye

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #11
Hello good component

When i quit i have a shutdown error : Release of DC and RC failed
Suggestions :
Smooth transition between cover
Reflect of cover
scroll bar
when you click on a cover which is on first ground, open a mini playlist with all the song of the album which are in the playlist

Good works it seems to work really well so thank you

what i like :
use of cover which is not in the mp3 tag
no lag
I wait for the next release

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #12
Same error message as The Link had: "EXT_texture_rectangle" but covers are shown. nVidia GeForce FX 5500, foobar 0.9.4.4, CUI

Requests: Options for i) Background & text colour ii) default nocover.jpg or no empty rectangles

Anyway, this is great and very promising plugin! Thanks to bubbleguuum!

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #13
Here's v0.11 (see first post) fixing the most annoying problem : the EXT_texture_rectangle message. Now you should not see it agin and it should work whatever the hardware. All pesky error message boxes aboud "can't release context" etc are gone and logged in the console instead.

- Apply button now works in configuration panel as well as reset
- Double clicking on the focused cover (ie in front of you) should work now, I disabled some code that was pausing if it was playing which I supposed didn't work on every install (?).

I can scroll through the blank squares and everthing works fine expect that there are just the blank sqares tongue.gif

Cover path is correct!

Can you tell me your cover path as well as the type (JPG, PNG , etc) of the files ?

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #14
note that after the message display about 'OpenGL EXT_texture', it looks to work, except when double_clicking to switch to fullscreen => flip on fullscreen 1 second then panel return to original size but OUT of the main foobar (panelsUI), like a lonely panel on the desktop but with no window borders ??? very strange, when i double_click on it, it returns into my main foobar window at is place ...

note that another double_click doesn't do the same, but make it disappear once for all !! (entry always visible in the windows taskbar but impossible to get it back on display ...

I hope it will help you for debugg...

Waiting fot the v0.2

Bye

I am also having this same problem with fullscreen.

I am using:
  • Foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 8
  • Columns UI 0.2.1 alpha 10 v3
  • Panels UI 0.14.12 beta
  • Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (old, I know )
Also, the component looks strange in Panels UI if the height of the component is larger, or about equal to the width. It will show the main cover nice and big (but with the title either not showing, or overtop of the cover) and it will show barly any of the covers at the side.

Also, no matter how many covers I seem to tell coverflow to display, it always looks like this:
(click for a larger image)
[a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/keikonium/coverflowfoobar.jpg" target="_blank"].

EDIT:

Using the newer version (0.11) fixed some problems thanks !!

Bugs I noticed now:

- Exiting foobar and restarting it doesn't seem to redisplay the covers again.
- Still only 5 covers shown when I have it set to 10 covers.
- I just minimized foobar, brought it back up, and the covers were gone :S.
- Making the coverflow fullscreen does the same thing it used to (explained above)
- Keys don't seem to work with the scroll wheel when in a panel. They work once I attempt fullscreen tho!

I gotta go to work now tho, but I'll test this out a bit more when I get back home. Keep up the good work .

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #15
Also, the component looks strange in Panels UI if the height of the component is larger, or about equal to the width. It will show the main cover nice and big (but with the title either not showing, or overtop of the cover) and it will show barly any of the covers at the side.

I'll have to install Panels UI for which  I didn't test at all to see what's wrong...

Right now I am telling it to display 10 covers, and it shows 5. It seems to work fine in Columns UI.

Did you try to put the camera further using CTRL+mousewheel ? You can change the FOV also using SHIFT+MWHEEL. The view does'nt adapt automticall to the windo size yet, so you may have to use these settings (they aer remembered). You may need to click the window first so it has the focus.

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #16
Did you try to put the camera further using CTRL+mousewheel ? You can change the FOV also using SHIFT+MWHEEL. The view does'nt adapt automticall to the windo size yet, so you may have to use these settings (they aer remembered). You may need to click the window first so it has the focus.

The hotkeys don't seem to work in Panels UI. Like I said in my edit above however, they start to work once I do the fullscreen mode, but the fullscreen mode seems to be a bit buggy with Panels UI :S.

EDIT:

Oh, but the reason I can't see all the covers is because the screen doesn't adjust to the size of the covers like you said. So once that works, I should beable to see all the covers .

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #17
The error message is indeed gone but instead the covers are displayed distorted.

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #19
Code: [Select]
 NVIDIA Corporation
GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control
GLEW_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two supported
ARB_texture_rectangle supported
EXT_texture_rectangle not supported
Startup time : 0:03.096221
ERROR : Could Not Unregister Class.

The image files should all be jpg.

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #20

The hotkeys don't seem to work in Panels UI. Like I said in my edit above however, they start to work once I do the fullscreen mode, but the fullscreen mode seems to be a bit buggy with Panels UI :S.

EDIT:

Oh, but the reason I can't see all the covers is because the screen doesn't adjust to the size of the covers like you said. So once that works, I should beable to see all the covers .

try the RIGHT control or Shift key + mousewheel or arrow keys, it works for me under PanelsUI, but not with LEFT control key or left SHIFT key

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #22
Here's v0.11 (see first post) fixing the most annoying problem : the EXT_texture_rectangle message. Now you should not see it agin and it should work whatever the hardware. All pesky error message boxes aboud "can't release context" etc are gone and logged in the console instead.

- Apply button now works in configuration panel as well as reset
- Double clicking on the focused cover (ie in front of you) should work now, I disabled some code that was pausing if it was playing which I supposed didn't work on every install (?).

I can scroll through the blank squares and everthing works fine expect that there are just the blank sqares tongue.gif

Cover path is correct!

Can you tell me your cover path as well as the type (JPG, PNG , etc) of the files ?

What happened ??? now with 0.11 the covers don't display correctly !!! see below :

foo_bubble_coverflow

Reply #23
no bug now so thanks

Edit : a bug :
When i quit full screen mode the panel doesn't appears. he is still here because when i scroll this change in the playlist but i can't see it
I need to restart foobar to see it again