Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Customize toolbar buttons (Read 46636 times) previous topic - next topic

Customize toolbar buttons

Ability to customize toolbar buttons. Nice!

But foo_fileops in this Beta still doesn't "see" a flash card if it's completely empty (fresh formated). If there is at least one file/folder on the card: no problem. If empty: preview says "Invalid/nonexistant target folder".

Reply #2
Yay great stuff added, best thing is custom buttons now I can make my Foobar match my Buuf icons
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Reply #3
ive just tested button customization and only resource for an icon can be an "icon file format". is there any chance we will recieve png support for these? i know i can probably convert pngs into icos but it looks to me like not the easiest way to handle it

Reply #4
Its really easy with xnview - select all files, batch convert, save as ico. Done.
Thanks for new version, it has many great features, I especially like remembering dialogs and custom toolbar. Much nicer now.

Reply #5
Really like the cuztomise button feature
Already made my own buttons ^^

Foobar2000 @ Onkyo SE-90PCI @ Sennheiser HD595 :)

Reply #6
Feature wish: Play/Paused/Play or Pause -> alternative icon for a command like "Play or Pause" so it is a play icon when playback's paused and a pause button when playback is running.

Besides that, new customizable buttons are awesome!

Reply #7
ive just tested button customization and only resource for an icon can be an "icon file format". is there any chance we will recieve png support for these? i know i can probably convert pngs into icos but it looks to me like not the easiest way to handle it

Ability to just have text for button like the hover tooltip, e.g. "search" for a simple / clean interface rather than having to search icon packs would be nice.

Reply #8
Ability to just have text for button like the hover tooltip, e.g. "search" for a simple / clean interface rather than having to search icon packs would be nice.

Its more clean with a little 16x16 image than alot of text  (My opinion)
Foobar2000 @ Onkyo SE-90PCI @ Sennheiser HD595 :)

Reply #9
Its really easy with xnview - select all files, batch convert, save as ico. Done.

There's also a free ICO plugin for Photoshop and Illustrator that supports transparency (IrfanView for example does not support the alpha channel*):

http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/ (released under GPL)

IMHO, it's essential to use alpha channel at this small dimensions unless you want very abstract buttons. Personally I don't mind that it's ICO only, although I think PNG support would be a good idea.

*=alpha channel in the icon format was introduced with Windows XP. Sadly when it comes to stuff like this IrfanView is very bad. Don't know about xnview, maybe I'll dump IrfanView soon, because things like this are pissing me off.

Reply #12
Feature wish: Play/Paused/Play or Pause -> alternative icon for a command like "Play or Pause" so it is a play icon when playback's paused and a pause button when playback is running.
That would be nice, but I'd settle for a way to reuse the existing 'play' icon for 'Play or Pause'. I have some pre-0.9.5 icon collections to play with, but those are all PNGs.

Besides that, new customizable buttons are awesome!
Ditto!

Reply #13
Thanks for that very easy-to-use buttons customazitation! 

Here some suggestions for further improvement:

1. There are several toogle commands like "stop after current", "playback foolows cursor", "read only" (foo_utils) and so on. The buttons could also provide the information about their state if they would act like the "layout editing mode"-button wich has another background when enabled.

2. The same for commands wich are not available (f.e. main->edit->undo if no changes was made to playlist so far): These buttons could be greyed out to symbolize that they are not available.

3. [context/now playing] and [context/playlist] commands like in hotkeys configuration

4. Opportunity to add menus of the command tree as button. Example: Choose "Quick Tag" in the tree, press add, change icon - the button opens the correspondending menu when being pressed in the toolbar

Reply #14
Where are custom buttons stored after we customize them (appdata profile directory, foobar program directory)? Where can I find nice round buttons from old foobar?

I have created some:

Download

@alphaex32
Thanks for the link!

Reply #15
Where are custom buttons stored after we customize them (appdata profile directory, foobar program directory)?
None of those places. They are hardcoded into foo_ui_std.dll. Get a resource hacker to extract them.

But the default icons will reappear anyway when you "add" the default toolbar commands... i.e. play, pause, etc. So if it's only that what you wanted, you don't need to be worried.

I have created some:

Reply #18

Where are custom buttons stored after we customize them (appdata profile directory, foobar program directory)?
None of those places. They are hardcoded into foo_ui_std.dll. Get a resource hacker to extract them.

But the default icons will reappear anyway when you "add" the default toolbar commands... i.e. play, pause, etc. So if it's only that what you wanted, you don't need to be worried.
Shouldn't the custom icons be stored within the FTH file?

Reply #19
Here is a bunch of buttons to replace the 'sort by' dropdown list. I am aware that they're really bad, but I've made them in the hope that someone better than me will be inspired to improve upon my work.

Reply #22

Shouldn't the custom icons be stored within the FTH file?

Ooops, my bad! You are right, of course. I thought he meant the default buttons.

While it is possible to extract the default buttons with readily available tools out of the foo_ui_std.dll, it's not so easy to extract custom buttons from the FTH file. Maybe with a hex editor?

You can see this as a feature, or a lack of a feature... as a theme designer if you don't want that other people re-use your buttons, it is a feature. But if you want everything to be accessible or if you are the one who wants to re-use other people's custom buttons it is a lack of functionality to you. But apart from that, custom buttons can be made available seperately, so if you ask nicely you probably can get other people's buttons in case they didn't already do that.

Reply #23
Black buttons for people who like dirty:

Download