Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Removing embedded album art in foobar (Read 30284 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing embedded album art in foobar

I know you can remove embedded art with programs like mp3tag, and I also know it's possible to do it with foobar by copying tags, deleting all tags, and pasting the tags you want back into the files. Is it possible to maybe work up a command that removes embedded art in one shot?

Thanks.

Reply #1
I second this. It would be great to have a feature like this.

Reply #2
I would like to see a way to manage album art from the song properties dialog in the same way tags can be managed. Just my two cents.

Reply #3
Is it possible?

Reply #4
It would be possible with foo_run and a batch script.  You would need to write it such that it tested the file type, and passed the right argument to a command line executable.

At this point, there is no inherent support in foobar2000 for album art that I am able to find....and I have been desperately looking.

Reply #5
I would like to see a way to manage album art from the song properties dialog in the same way tags can be managed. Just my two cents.

Yeah that would be perfect.

Reply #6
+1
Adding a way to embed/remove art from metadata would pretty much eliminate any reason that I have for having a dedicated tagging program installed.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #7
that would be nice...
or at least option to set priorities between embedded and external album art in Album Art Viewer.

Reply #8
+1
Adding a way to embed/remove art from metadata would pretty much eliminate any reason that I have for having a dedicated tagging program installed.

I fully second this

Reply #11
Indeed, it remains among the final few things that I would just love to see on this player.....

Reply #13
+1. Precisely.

Reply #14
+1

I'd also like to be able to convert a flac to MP3 while retaining the embedded album art.

Reply #15
For crying out loud, enough with the +1 posts everywhere. No-one really cares that Mr. Random McGit also wants a feature. If anyone capable of implementing the functionality and considers it useful sees the thread, it doesn't matter how many users want it.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #16
^Calm down man. We're just showing that this is a feature we really want.

Reply #17
There is a way to remove embedded album art in foobar2000, just remove id3v2, but you will lose other info in the tag, so it's not a good solution

Reply #18
As I said earlier, the best solution for just removing album art right now is to use foo_run and a command-line application.  metaflac.exe is a nice tool if you're using FLAC files, but there are probably nice utilities for other file types too....

Reply #19
There is a way to remove embedded album art in foobar2000, just remove id3v2, but you will lose other info in the tag, so it's not a good solution
hmm... that is not so bad solution because you can copy multiple values from tags.
so, if you want to remove embedded art from specific album (and keep tags):
sort tracks by path, select all tracks, right click/properties, ctrl+A, ctrl+C, close properties, right click/tagging/remove tags from file, right click/properties, right click/Paste Fields.

just tried... it's working...

thank you for the tip

Reply #20
Works perfectly! Thanks

Reply #21
Yes, AA should definitely make it's way into the properties dialog.

Reply #22
Not trying to needlessly bump this, but is it possible that an embedded art management could possibly make the official feature proposal list?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #23
hmm... that is not so bad solution because you can copy multiple values from tags.
so, if you want to remove embedded art from specific album (and keep tags):
sort tracks by path, select all tracks, right click/properties, ctrl+A, ctrl+C, close properties, right click/tagging/remove tags from file, right click/properties, right click/Paste Fields.

just tried... it's working...

thank you for the tip

Wow, what a solution! It's simple & efficient, sparing me the trouble of installing another component. Thanks!!

Reply #24
I had the problem with some MP3 files I downloaded.  What did I do?  Easy : there was a <BAND> tag in the metadata... remove it and the embedded picture is GONE.

I don't know if it's the case for all the embedded pictures in music though...