Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for a crossfader (Read 12353 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a crossfader

Looking for a plugin, some way to Fade in songs, fade out songs. fade between tracks. fade between songs.

tried to use Continuator (foo_dsp_continuator)  and crossfader.dll

Continuator - Foobar 0.9.5.3 beta 2 does not like it at all
crossfader.dll - listed in trouble makers ( using api's )

when ever I do a search for "fade" etc etc etc etc
on this hydrogenaudio forum  i get results for plugin or discussion in 2005.
or I get a article that has NOTHING to do with fading songs.

I got a HUGE headache! 

Below is a link to a list of plugins for anyone searching ( link )

( kind of old though, crossfader is listed )

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...:Components_0.9

thank you all
T@M

Monday 19th May 2008

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #1
I'd recommend Continuator. It works although it's listed as a problematic component. I've never had problems.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #2
the first port of continuator to foobar0.9, version 0.4 is bugged.
version 0.5 and 0.61 not more exist to download...

Peter, when a crossfader in default DSP?
Music is my first love.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #3
hi all,

i have the exact same issue -- instability with dsp_continuator and real need to have overlapping/crossfading.

how about a bounty to bring dsp_continuator up to snuff? willing to contribute, and desperately looking for a solution.

cheers

sven

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #5
foo_dsp_crossfader (0.3.3.5) not work ( display error window on foobar startup)  with last version of foobar 0.9.5.3
Music is my first love.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #6
foo_dsp_crossfader (0.3.3.5) not work ( display error window on foobar startup)  with last version of foobar 0.9.5.3

Well it seems to be working fine. Haven't had a problem yet but yes, information window telling me that it will function partially or incorrectly comes up at startup. Tried Continuator but it will no longer load at all.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #7
I hope that peter or somebody else will write a standard crossfade dsp too. This way we won't have any problems like we had with continuator and now with dsp_crossfade.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #8
Last time i proposed that, he was troubled by the thought that people would request all kinds of exotic and more complicated features (like what continuator did). Personally, i'd be satisfied with a simple DSP which supports gapkilling (incl. analogue silence) and plain linear symmetric crossfade during automatic trackchanges.... no more.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #9
Last time i proposed that, he was troubled by the thought that people would request all kinds of exotic and more complicated features (like what continuator did). Personally, i'd be satisfied with a simple DSP which supports gapkilling (incl. analogue silence) and plain linear symmetric crossfade during automatic trackchanges.... no more.
I second that. The only other feature I can think of is the ability to auto crossfade when shuffle or random is selected.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #10
no crossfader between subsequent tracks of one album
Music is my first love.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #11
I'm looking for a DSP that makes the track fade out, not crossfade.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #12
I'm looking for a DSP that makes the track fade out, not crossfade.

you don't need a DSP for that.

go to preferences - advanced - playback - fading

change the values as you please

hope that helps

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #14
What the difference between fade out and crossfade?
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #15
In crossfading, the next track fades in at the same time the current track fades out.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #16
you don't need a DSP for that.

go to preferences - advanced - playback - fading

Thanks but it fades out on manual track change only, so this is not a solution.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #20
and finally crossfader was added between stnd dsps in foobar 0.954b1

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #21
Gapless Crossfader (Foo_dsp_crossfader) will give you an error message, when starting up Foobar 9.5.3, but will nevertheless work perfectly fine with pretty much all file formats, except DTS, where a quick gap happens.

fade in, out and remove middle silence, crossfading in various overlap lengths work all perfectly.

I only wish I could get the annoying error message turned off, when starting up.

Looking for a crossfader

Reply #22
Gapless Crossfader (Foo_dsp_crossfader) will give you an error message, when starting up Foobar 9.5.3, but will nevertheless work perfectly fine with pretty much all file formats, except DTS, where a quick gap happens.

Gapless Crossfader has been updated (foo_dsp_crossfader v0.3.4) and works with foobar 0.9.5.4. I don't get a start-up error with it.