Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_lastfm_radio (Read 345325 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #400
I found a small problem with the advanced option to turn of playback follows cursor. In non-lastfm radio playlists, it prevents you from playing the track you select when playback follows cursor is enabled (with the play button on the toolbar), foobar still plays the last song that was stopped.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #401
you can't assign certain softplaylist actions to buttons either - well not using the standard CUI/DUI toolbars. it can be done with WSH panel mod though (of course that could also be used to trigger this component as well).

Hi Marc

I'm interested in this because I'm hoping to mod Mnlt2 to include a set of Last.fm functions from the foo_lastfm_radio & foo_softplaylists. I'd like easier access to these:
Open Last.fm Radio Station (All options)
Last.fm Top Tracks (All options)
Last.fm Loved Tracks (All options)
Last.fm Recent Tracks (All options)
Love/Unlove/Ban/Unban

I'd be very grateful for the relevant code to paste into a WSH panel which I've already added to the skin.

Many thanks.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #402
Hello dudes. I cant scrobble tracs, but tracks are played, in last.fm. Im using foobar2000 v1.1.1 + foo_lastfm_radio 0.5.7e for foobar2000 v1.0.x.
I can scrobble my music (from my PC), but cant from my stantion or tags (i can listen them withowt scrobling only).

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #403
Hello dudes. I cant scrobble tracs, but tracks are played, in last.fm. Im using foobar2000 v1.1.1 + foo_lastfm_radio 0.5.7e for foobar2000 v1.0.x.
I can scrobble my music (from my PC), but cant from my stantion or tags (i can listen them withowt scrobling only).

do you use the official last.fm foo_audioscrobbler or florian heidenreichs foo_audioscrobbler ?
With the latter one you should be able to scrobble from dynamic sources like the Last.fm Radio component. (See preferences of foo_audioscrobbler)

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #404
Sorry, question in the wrong topic
Decalicatan Decalicatan

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #405
hi all,
(Stream Last.fm radio playlists for foobar2000 v1.0 and newer. v0.5.7e)

i guess, this could be the correct thread for this question.

i use foobar2000 on 2 computers and on computer A i have a last.fm playlist, i'd like to have/transfer to computer B.
unfortunately, i couldnt get this "simple idea" working, while pressing all buttons which seem to could attend my which.
also exporting and importing did not work.

so, now, i'm stuck with a playlist on computer A which looks like this in the console:
Code: [Select]
[20:42:33] Opening track for playback: "FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/a694f6af167724f94e4636664dc7dc80.mp3LASTFM"
[20:42:37] Audioscrobbler: Track is not in Media Library - not submitting to Audioscrobbler.
[20:46:39] Opening track for playback: "FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/b3b1ec3fb4ee8f53a603ce09c0bbccd0.mp3LASTFM"
[20:46:44] Audioscrobbler: Track is not in Media Library - not submitting to Audioscrobbler.
[20:50:43] Opening track for playback: "FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/93d4fac240bc004a47ad93941cb096b0.mp3LASTFM"
[20:50:47] Audioscrobbler: Track is not in Media Library - not submitting to Audioscrobbler.
[20:51:17] Opening track for playback: "FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/1e09de2e7220bb292a7fb7e51044f78b.mp3LASTFM"
[20:51:21] Audioscrobbler: Track is not in Media Library - not submitting to Audioscrobbler.
[20:55:03] Opening track for playback: "FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/42f2b1a6b5bb9536ca9b7e0509e8c486.mp3LASTFM"
[20:55:07] Audioscrobbler: Track is not in Media Library - not submitting to Audioscrobbler.
[20:55:07] Last.fm Radio: Updating playlist "lastfm://artist/Tantric"
[20:55:09] Last.fm Radio: Retrieved track "The Exies [A Modern Way Of Living With The Truth] - Dose"
[20:55:09] Last.fm Radio: Retrieved track "Silvertide [Show & Tell] - You Want It All"
[20:55:09] Last.fm Radio: Retrieved track "Since October [This Is My Heart] - Beautiful"
[20:55:09] Last.fm Radio: Retrieved track "Shaman's Harvest [] - Devils Gift"
[20:55:09] Last.fm Radio: Retrieved track "10 Years [Division] - All Your Lies"

the Playlist is named "Tantric's Last.fm Radio" and i tried to insert the name "tantric" into various inputfields in the "open custom station" menu, but did not succeed. (those stations playing different music)

i have no idea, how i got that playlist on computer A...if...i would do the same on computer B...
also, i can't overwrite all playlists on computer B, because there are last.fm playlists too, i'd like to keep.

anybody has an idea, on how i could transfer that playlist to computer B?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #406
Can anyone help me im getting this error whenever i try to listen to last fm radio the song plays for the first 5 seconds then stops

Decoding failure at 0:00.000 (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/58e524e969b48565d339b29fd9c61fb9.mp3LASTFM"

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #407
the plugin seems to "forget" my password frequently. after some songs, it doesn't load any new songs, and when i want to load a new one, error number 403 appears. when i look at the preferences page, my password is just 5 charakters long, eventhough it should be longer. when i retype it, it works normal again.

any solutions?

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #408
i'm not sure it's forgetting your password. mine also shows 5 stars (it's much longer) and it has never forgotten it.

403 is an error response from last.fm's servers and it usually means "forbidden".

maybe this can explain why?

http://www.last.fm/help/faq?category=Liste...usic+on+Last.fm

If you live outside the UK, US and Germany then Last.fm Radio is a subscriber feature. This was changed on 22 April 2009; you can read more about the changes here.

If you live in the UK, US or Germany:
If you live in one of these three countries, you can listen to Last.fm Radio for free.

If you live in another country:
As a Last.fm user living in a country other than the UK, US or Germany you get a 30 track free trial before you need to subscribe to listen to Last.fm Radio.

Once this trial is over, purchasing a subscription for only €3.00 per month will allow you to listen to non-stop, personalised radio.

that doesn't really explain why it works when you "reset" your password. maybe the checking isn't so strict when you first start listening? (pure speculation on my part - i have no idea... )

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #409
i'm not sure it's forgetting your password. mine also shows 5 stars (it's much longer) and it has never forgotten it.

403 is an error response from last.fm's servers and it usually means "forbidden".

maybe this can explain why?

http://www.last.fm/help/faq?category=Liste...usic+on+Last.fm

If you live outside the UK, US and Germany then Last.fm Radio is a subscriber feature. This was changed on 22 April 2009; you can read more about the changes here.

If you live in the UK, US or Germany:
If you live in one of these three countries, you can listen to Last.fm Radio for free.

If you live in another country:
As a Last.fm user living in a country other than the UK, US or Germany you get a 30 track free trial before you need to subscribe to listen to Last.fm Radio.

Once this trial is over, purchasing a subscription for only €3.00 per month will allow you to listen to non-stop, personalised radio.

that doesn't really explain why it works when you "reset" your password. maybe the checking isn't so strict when you first start listening? (pure speculation on my part - i have no idea... )

i live in germany AND have a subscription. so this can't be the problem

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #410
hehe, ok then. i'm in the UK and am a cheapskate non-subscriber and haven't had any problems.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #411
I'm getting the "Unable to open item for playback (Forbidden (403)):" kind of errors after almost every single track for the last days.
anyone else got this problem? I got foobar 1.1.2 and 0.5.7.e lastfm plugin

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #412
I can confirm your and juggy91s problem!
(from germany)

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #413
Yes I'm a paid subscriber in Australia and I've been having the same problem
Unable to open item for playback (Forbidden (403)
after almost every track.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #414
I can confirm your and juggy91s problem!
(from germany)

I'm from germany as well.

I wonder if this problem is caused by the plugin(or API change by last.fm) or if it's a server problem on last.fm.
I used to get these errors from time to time by chance or If I've been pausing the playback for 20 min or longer, however currently it skips about 1-5 tracks after every track, doesn't matter if I press skip or just listen to the entire track.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #416
May be these issues are due to this change:

http://blog.last.fm/2011/02/07/lastfm-radi...ainment-devices

No tracks play for me now (UK).

No that's not the issue for subscribers like myself - I'm pretty certain. My iPhone app and Rhythmbox (Ubuntu) work fine. The problem is only with the Foobar plugin. Yes it may be a change to the API but it would be great to get foo_lastfm_radio working again.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #417
Perhaps it's also a combination of foo_last_fm_radio using an old api - see also nausea's first post in this thread.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #418
regarding the info in the first post of this thread, this post was made on the last.fm forums in march 2009....

The Future of Last.fm Radio APIs
As you may have seen on our blog, we're making some changes to the way we structure our radio services.

Last.fm has never had a public radio API, although we've tolerated third-party clients using the undocumented calls that our client uses. This is finally about to change - we're going to make a public, documented streaming API available to everyone who has an API account. There are a few limitations:

Only subscribers will be allowed to stream using API applications unless you negotiate a separate deal with us - we need to get the money to cover royalties.
    You won't be allowed to use our API to stream to mobile phones. This is unfortunately a limitation of some of our licensing agreements. (We may make exceptions to this)

These changes should be made by the end of next week. Alongside this, we'll be shutting down the remainder of the old, undocumented streaming APIs over the next couple of weeks.

i guess we've been very lucky to have access for this long. shame it has to end though.

oh well, i'll still use last.fm to find new artists then i'll use spotify to listen.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #419
I think you may be right, sadly. 
RIP foo_lastfm_radio.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #421
EDIT: what about this?:
http://www.gabifrings.de/download.html

I don't see how it could help. The problem is not with the fact that only subscribers can now stream last.fm, because as I mentioned, my iPhone app and Rhythmbox are working fine for me as a subscriber. The problem is that foo_lastfm_radio only appears to work with the old API which has now been deactivated. Looks like someone will have to write a new component using the new API.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #422
oh my god. no songs are playing anymore now. happy valentines day..

I've been listening to last.fm radio by foobar2000 ever since the plugin existed. That's at least about 3 years now, and 90-95% of my listening time I was listening to  last.fm.

so sad.. I hope this plugin is going to be updated, or that someone's going to write a new one.

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #423
afaik last.fm have got a new radio-method, which is very difficult to implement as a component. also that's why the dev stopped supporting. too sad...

foo_lastfm_radio

Reply #424
Anonymous here,

I wrote a Last.fm radio application myself (for another platfrom) and it still streams playlists received from an old Last.fm API.
It uses the API documented here.

Maybe this helps!