Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to group playlists? (Read 5963 times) previous topic - next topic

How to group playlists?

Hello there,

currently I am after a setting or a plugin which enables me to group my playlists in the playlist list.
What I want is that I can have for example a Group "Mixtapes" which has as "sub elements" all mixtape-playlists I created (I should be able to move them in and out). Or having one for Internet-Music and so on.
The appearence could be tree like - just only with one hierarchy level (or maybe more).

Is there something that does this? If not I will try to write it

thanks,
Tom

How to group playlists?

Reply #2
You'll want [a href='index.php?showtopic=64623']foo_playlist_tree_mod[/a] if you're using a version of Foobar2000 that's 9.5.3 or greater.

Also, it's not *quite* going to do what you want, at least not easily, but as far as I know, it's the only component that presently exists which even comes close.

How to group playlists?

Reply #3
i'd like this feature too. I have so many playlists that it's hard to find them. playlist tree offers a tree like structure for playlists but it's not good enough. for example it always sends the playlists to it's own playlist. that means I can't edit the playlists after I selected them because they get copied.

How to group playlists?

Reply #4
I just tried playlist tree mod- I'm not sure it really does what OP wants, I can't figure out how to load the current playlists as folders in another folder. It doesn't help that I don't know how to use it.

But yeah something basically like the native CUI playlist switcher, but with groups you can move playlists in and out of would be amazing.

How to group playlists?

Reply #5
@OP
So you basically want a element like the current Playlist manager element that is hierarchical?

If that's what you are requesting, I'd like that as well.

My current workaround for this (blank playlists) isn't pretty:
elevatorladylevitateme

How to group playlists?

Reply #6
@shakey_snake

It is some time ago i also requested a component to organize static and autoplaylists in a hierarchical treeview. But as i understand your wish correctly you would like to do that in the playlist manager as you have loaded many autoplaylists. I am interested to hear what you think about the following. Wouldn't it be better to do the job of hierarchical organization in an extra ui-element outside the loaded playlists (like in playlist tree f.e.)? There are many advantages i see: Keeping loaded playlists small (more performance on autorefresh), consistency with playlist tabs and foo_utils, possibility of some interesting features like recursion, ....

How to group playlists?

Reply #7
But as i understand your wish correctly you would like to do that in the playlist manager

No.
So you basically want a element like the current Playlist manager element

I wouldn't expect this functionality to be added to the current Playlist manager element by Peter. It's probably too complicated for a default element, and not something most people need.
elevatorladylevitateme