Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC in Samplitude 10.2 (Read 4923 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC in Samplitude 10.2

Josh, in the new release of Samplitude, 10.2, FLAC files can be edited.  Is the editing done in native FLAC or is it decompressed on the fly and edited in WAV format, "under the sheets?"

It is a welcome addition.  Thanks for the work with Magix/Samplitude/Sequoia.  I hope you realized something worthwhile for your efforts in building the lossless compression standard.

Cheers       
Nov schmoz kapop.

FLAC in Samplitude 10.2

Reply #1
libFLAC doesn't itself support editing of the samples (only metadata), so I would guess it is decompressing first.

FLAC has to be edited at the frame level so some number of samples must usually be decoded.

FLAC in Samplitude 10.2

Reply #2
libFLAC doesn't itself support editing of the samples (only metadata), so I would guess it is decompressing first.

FLAC has to be edited at the frame level so some number of samples must usually be decoded.

Thank you, Josh.
Nov schmoz kapop.

FLAC in Samplitude 10.2

Reply #3
I love that companies like Magix and Cakewalk has implented FLAC into their multitrack software. I wish more would do this.

A question though. If these software would record all the tracks directly to FLAC somehow would it affect the CPU a lot? Let's say it only uses -0 to minimize stress while recording? Regards