Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unhandled Exception - Invalid Path Syntax with Library Viewer Selectio (Read 4815 times) previous topic - next topic

Unhandled Exception - Invalid Path Syntax with Library Viewer Selectio

Hi everyone,

version 9.6.2., windows xp, previous versions worked fine...

Tonight for the first time I started getting this error: when I double click on a song, or hit the rewind button the foobar shuts down and I get two pop up small windows: one says "unhandled exception - invalid path syntax" and the other says "library viewer selection playlist".    It then says to contact foobar support as it needed to shut down...  It happens randomly, I could not figure out a pattern.  I restart foobar and everything's fine until it does it again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply #1
Bueller...?  Bueller...?

Anyone out there who may be able to figure this one out??

Thanks guys!!

Reply #2
I have the same problem using foobar2000 in vista. I find that a folder name with a character '。' cause the error. After removing that character, the problem no longer happen.

Reply #3
Thanks ohana,

I will check for any unusual characters in the folder/file names.  However, I decided to reinstall foobar and so far so good...  No crashes yet, been playing with it for about an hour.  Hopefully those pesky crashes will not be back...

Reply #4
Yeah, it started doing it again for some reason...

I checked all folder and file names for unusual characters, etc. and everything is fine.  I could not see a pattern, in other words it crashes while attempting to play a new song, but when I restart foobar and go to that same song it plays it fine.  So it is not the song...

Any ideas, I'm stuck at this point...

Thank you!

Reply #5
1. Post component list (from Preferences > Components > [copy]).
2. Look in Start > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Application log, there might be more information in an "Application Error" event.
3. When that message shows up again, do not dismiss it, but launch Process Explorer instead, double-click foobar2000.exe process, go to the tab Threads, show [Stack] for all of them, select all rows and copy here in a nice [codebox‎] as well.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #6
1. Post component list (from Preferences > Components > [copy]).
2. Look in Start > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Application log, there might be more information in an "Application Error" event.
3. When that message shows up again, do not dismiss it, but launch Process Explorer instead, double-click foobar2000.exe process, go to the tab Threads, show [Stack] for all of them, select all rows and copy here in a nice [codebox‎] as well.

Thanks Yirkha!
I ran Process Explorer. Here is the "Stack for thread 6104" info:
Code: [Select]
ntkrnlpa.exe+0x6e9ab
ntkrnlpa.exe!MmIsDriverVerifying+0xbb0
ntkrnlpa.exe!MmIsDriverVerifying+0x1492
win32k.sys+0x2ed2
win32k.sys+0x36d8
win32k.sys+0x36f5
ntdll.dll!KiFastSystemCallRet
USER32.dll!GetCursorFrameInfo+0x1cc
USER32.dll!SoftModalMessageBox+0x677
USER32.dll!MessageBoxIndirectA+0x23a
USER32.dll!MessageBoxTimeoutW+0x7a
USER32.dll!MessageBoxExW+0x1b
USER32.dll!MessageBoxW+0x45
shared.dll!uMessageBox+0x4e
foobar2000.exe+0x3b0a3
foobar2000.exe+0xb117a
kernel32.dll!RegisterWaitForInputIdle+0x49

Here is the components list:
Code: [Select]
foo_abx.dll
foo_albumlist.dll
foo_benchmark.dll
foo_bitcompare.dll
foo_browser.dll
foo_cdda.dll
foo_converter.dll
foo_dsp_std.dll
foo_freedb2.dll
foo_input_dts.dll
foo_input_std.dll
foo_masstag.dll
foo_out_asio.dll
foo_rgscan.dll
foo_ui_columns.dll
foo_ui_std.dll
foo_uie_albumart.dll
foo_uie_albumlist.dll
foo_uie_peakmeter.dll
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll
foo_uie_trackinfo.dll
foo_uie_trackinfo_mod.dll
foo_unpack.dll
foo_input_validator.dll

Couldn't see anything in the event viewer...

Thank you very much!

Reply #7
It sounds like it may be an old version of foo_uie_albumart.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #8
Thanks again, Yirkha!  I will go ahead and try to download the latest version and see what happens...

Reply #9
I downloaded and installed the latest foo_uie_albumart.  I played with it for about 2 hours and the problem has NOT come back.  It appears to have solved the problem, but I will report back. 

I am extremely grateful for all the help you have given me, Yirkha!

Reply #10
Just a quick update:  after installing the latest foo_uie_albumart and extensive play, I haven't gotten the error message anymore.  I would have never been able to figure that out...  Again, a huge "thank you" to all who helped and particularly Yirkha who figured this one out for me... 

Cheers!