Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Splitting MP3 by CUE and gapless playback (Read 7738 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting MP3 by CUE and gapless playback

I have one mp3 file and cue for it. I want to split this album (MIXED) on separate tracks, and then play this tracks without gaps.
I tried ещ use CUE Splitter, and mp3directCut, but I can't get smooth track changing because this programms cut's some frames from original mp3 data...
What programm can correctly split mp3 files without losses of audio data and adds mp3 gapless playback info to resulting files???

Sorry for my English!
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #1
i don't know about CUE splitter, but mp3DirectCut doesn't cut (loose) frames - check your configuration before posting

Reply #3
pcutmp3 is the tool you want for this.

Reply #4
i don't know about CUE splitter, but mp3DirectCut doesn't cut (loose) frames - check your configuration before posting

I think it breaks the reservoir, though.

I have read too many bad things about Medieval CUE Splitter to recommend it to anyone for any reason.

Back in the day when I'd cut single-file mp3s from a cue sheet, I'd use musiCutter.

Exactly what are you planning on using to play these mp3 tracks that have been split?

EDIT: I started this post before Canar's and Steve Forte Rio's.  pcutmp3 does not have a problem with the reservoir.

Reply #5
what settings I must to check??

knowing that mp3DirectCut doesn't have perfect intuitive interface and that in last versions, vbr inaccuracy was fixed (almoust) i though you need to check "TOC correction" at least
but that probably was not the case, so sorry about inappropriate comment (i like the program - biased)

i checked suggestions, and here is what i got (vertical zoom levels are different in screenshots):

mp3DirectCut (3:28.039)

musiCutter (3:27.986)

pcutmp3 (3:28.091)

Reply #6
"TOC correction" at least

I have same results with this option checked/unchecked

And what is pcutmp3??? I have found pcutmp3. jar. what is it and how to use it???

musiCutter takes very long time (10 min) to cut only 1 file from album o_O
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #7
unfortunately as shown in screenshots, mp3DirectCut and musiCutter doesn't do it right

this is comand line for pcutmp3:

java -jar pcutmp3.jar --cue "path to cue" "path to mp3"

Reply #8
this is comand line for pcutmp3:

java -jar pcutmp3.jar --cue "path to cue" "path to mp3"

EXCELLENT!!!! THIS IS WHAT I NEED!!!
Canar & 2E7AH, THANK YOU very much!!!!
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!