Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_console with limited capacity? (Read 4160 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_console with limited capacity?

I am using foobar2000 v0.9.6.7 with latest Columns UI v0.3.7.3 and Console Panel v0.3 (foo_uie_console).

Has Console Panel a limited number of entries it is able to keep?

With more than approximate fifty entries newer values do delete the older ones whereas foobar's console shows all of them or at least more.

This is too bad because the great advantage of Console Panel (showing the time when foobar2000 has been started) gets lost so.

Searching the forum and the FAQ on you.be I have not found an answer to that.

Any help?

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #1
I too, think that 50 lines is very low, especially when it offers time snapshot. And on top of that it's really 50 lines no 5K or something but 50 lines no matter how long they are, and standard console is little above 20K as I see.

Reply #2
I too, think that 50 lines is very low, especially when it offers time snapshot. And on top of that it's really 50 lines no 5K or something but 50 lines no matter how long they are, and standard console is little above 20K as I see.

I think this behavior is new, I can't remember this situation with earlier versions.

Because Console Panel has not been updated I think this restriction could be caused by Columns UI.

Thank you, 2E7AH, for your confirmation.

Robertina.

Reply #3
Yes, there is a limit set at 50 entries. Originally, I think it was 20 and I increased it after someone else 'mentioned' it. This is implemented in Console panel, not Columns UI (the source code is available).

The reason it was hard limited, was to try and avoid potential performance problems, especially when something decides to spam the Console. The timestamps also somewhat complicated things.

In retrospect, something like limiting updates to once-per-second might have been more effective. Or quite possibly, moving to a list control of some sorts.

Someday, I may make some changes..

Reply #4
Someday, I may make some changes..

Would it be a solution to exclude the first line(s) from deleting if the number of entries should remain unaltered?

I think that just for those users who have longer runtimes of foobar2000 the time of starting the application is interesting and advantageous to know.

Thank you for the feature of adding time stamps.

Robertina.

Reply #5
Process Explorer can tell you the date/time a process started, that might be more useful for you. (Besides, the date isn't logged in Console panel anyway).

Reply #6
Process Explorer can tell you the date/time a process started, that might be more useful for you. (Besides, the date isn't logged in Console panel anyway).

Thank you for pointing this out. I wasn't aware of this function although I am using Process Explorer since years.