Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact time skipping? (Read 5520 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact time skipping?

I have a seven hours audiobook. I would like to be able to jump to exact times, like 02:27:15 (2 hours, 27 minutes and 15 seconds).
Is there such a feature to Foobar200?
If not, is there a plugin that adds this feature?

Exact time skipping?

Reply #1
Click and hold the scrubber on the seek bar and a tool tip will pop up with the exact time you are hovering as you move it back and forth. This is the closest to what you want that I'm aware of.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #2
you could create a CUE sheet with the timestamps and use that for playback. Or you could create a chapter file and mux the audio with the chapters into Matroska container.

EDIT: removed pointless quoting of OP
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #3
Click and hold the scrubber on the seek bar and a tool tip will pop up with the exact time you are hovering as you move it back and forth. This is the closest to what you want that I'm aware of.

That's good, but not good enough. Even when Foobar is maximized on my 1680x1050-resolution screen, the seekbar is not of enough resolution. I need it longer to move to exact seconds.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #5
> the user interface is fully customizable if you enable the layout editing mode.

The dragging of toolbar items such as the seekbar is completely separate from the layout area where Layout Edit Mode reigns, so Yonyz may just drag the seekbar down a little to move it to a second toolbar row, without layout editing mode.

Nonetheless, a 7 hour audiobook equals 25,200 seconds, which comes down to little over 15 seconds per pixel, taking into account window edges.

Workaround: make the seekbar as wide as possible on its own toolbar row, and bind a few keys for 5-second or 1-second seeking. When playing the audiobook, roughly go to the desired location with the seekbar and fine-tune with the seek keys.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #6
I hacked foo_seek_box together for a visually impaired user that couldn't use the seekbar reliably.
It accepts input on the form mm:ss, so you've got to multiply out your hours to minutes. It tends to work nicely when bound to a keyboard shortcut.
Stay sane, exile.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #7
foo_seek_box 0.0.2 supports hours too now.
Stay sane, exile.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #8
Zao, thanks for this component.  I have a couple small problems with it, though.  For starters, it always appears in the far upper-left corner of my screen, even if I change it and re-open it.  Secondly, the close button doesn't seem to close the box.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #9
0.0.3 is now relative to the fb2k window corner, and I will not add any additional logic to remember/move positions, as most other simple dialogs do not.
It also closes on the escape key and clicking the close box.
Stay sane, exile.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #10
Thanks, it works great.

Exact time skipping?

Reply #11
and I will not add any additional logic to remember/move positions, as most other simple dialogs do not.
the most important part is, that it works! and that is what your fine plugin does :-)
thanks for it.
before that, it was very hard to select the correct time with my logitech trackball from 1992 :-)