Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burn .cue/.mp3 with replaygain in cuesheet (Read 3119 times) previous topic - next topic

Burn .cue/.mp3 with replaygain in cuesheet

Hi

I have been using foobar lately with my livesets/cuesheets and have ran replaygain on each of my sets. The replaygain information has been saved in the cuesheet like so:

Code: [Select]
REM GENRE Trance
REM DATE 2009
PERFORMER "John O'Callaghan"
TITLE "Subculture 037 (2009-11-09)"
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN -0.47 dB
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK 0.681386
FILE "John O'Callaghan - Subculture 037 (2009-11-09).mp3" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Pong"
    PERFORMER "Wippenberg"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -1.23 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.681386
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Brave"
    PERFORMER "First State ft. Sarah Howells"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -0.41 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.633724
    INDEX 01 06:42:40
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Storm! (Jochen Miller Remix)"
    PERFORMER "Jordan Suckley"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -0.49 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.632426
    INDEX 01 13:52:58

If i burn this to CD via Imgburn will the replaygain be applied during the burn process?

If not, what is the recommended software to burn .cue/.mp3 and the replaygain information applied?

Reply #1
Anyone?

Reply #2
The way to store replay gain info as "REM" lines (aka remarks) is proprietary. AFAIK, only foobar can use that info.

You can either burn with foobar (it has an option to apply replay gain when burning audio CDs) or convert the tracks to temporary wave files using foobar with replay gain correction and just burn the wave files with any burning program that can burn without adding pauses between the tracks.

Your example tracks wouldn't really benefit from the RG correction. The volume level difference between the tracks is below 1 dB. In addition, if an album doesn't have silent pauses between the tracks and you adjust the individual track gains you may get audible volume level changes on the track boundaries.

Of course the situation can be different if you want to gather cue tracks from various different sources, but in that case album cue sheets would not work any better and your best option would be to do as I instructed above (i.e. burn or convert to temp files with foobar).