Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simmilar programs to audiochecker (Read 31443 times) previous topic - next topic

Simmilar programs to audiochecker

Hi I'm wondering what other programs do exit beside audiochecker and TAU ANALYZER ? To check if lossless actually is lossless

Reply #1
I know another one frontend for aucdtect.exe called auCDTect Task Manager
Homepage:
http://y-soft.org/
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #3
Thank you very much.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #4
The author would highly appreciate receiving any reasonable proposals to expand the functionality and usability of the auCDtect Task Manager, as well as bug reports

Sorry for poor English

Reply #5
The author would highly appreciate receiving any reasonable proposals to expand the functionality and usability of the auCDtect Task Manager, as well as bug reports

Sorry for poor English

Does that mean that you are the author?

Reply #7

Sorry for poor English

Does that mean that you are the author?

Yes, I'm the developer of this tool

Welcome to HA! 

Reply #8
Hi y-soft ! Your software seems... unbelievable ! I'm currently "audiochecking" my lossless collection of 835 files, I have legal files but you might want to ask why using this software then ? Because I download WAV on the net. For instance I recently discovered a few of my tracks were in fact medium quality vinyl rip, those are usually made with a cut off at 16khz...
Only problem : Audiochecker 2.0 beta build 457 is the last version, it's not developped anymore... And it's 98% accurate ok this is very good really  but the other problem is that I rarely have full albums  so I can't know whether it's an error of the software or actually a "lossy lossless".

So I'm going to try your software after Audiochecker is finished (cause it's veeerrry long O_o) and I hope it will just keep improving !
By the way, let's say a true lossless file is suspected of being a lossy file, can a software use graphical methods to make a second verification ? E.g instead of using our eyes to see if it's it too much "square-shapped" to be a lossless file.

EDIT : As for proposals, the only thing I see is 24 bits and 32 bits support but it's not a priority because one can just convert it and scan it as 16 bits... If the graphical verification method does not exist yet it would also be cool, even if it takes a long time . Wavosaur and Sonic Visualiser seems to rock too ! There are even great VST plugins, I love GlaceVerb .

Reply #9
Hi y-soft ! Your software seems... unbelievable ! I'm currently "audiochecking" my lossless collection of 835 files, I have legal files but you might want to ask why using this software then ? Because I download WAV on the net. For instance I recently discovered a few of my tracks were in fact medium quality vinyl rip, those are usually made with a cut off at 16khz...

This section here, it makes my head hurt with confusion.  From which online store were you legally downloading partial albums in WAV format, made from vinyl rips with 16khz low-passes applied?

Reply #10
Errr... From JunoDownload... It's an incredible store but a few were vinyl rip just because they were not released in CD. As I made an Audiochecking for all my files I'll be able to compare with yours to tell about the accuracy 

EDIT : Does Replaygain affect the accuracy of the process ? I guess not, it decodes right ?

Reply #11
Wow - I had never heard of that site.  Although now that you state it so (CD's never released), it makes sense that they would be doing vinyl rips.  I don't see why they'd run a 16khz lowpass, but whatever.

Replaygain shouldn't change the accuracy at all - since replaygain is written as a set of tags but doesn't alter the audio data.

Reply #12
I've checked almost a half of my collection. Results are extremely accurate, more accurate even than audiochecker and fast as hell ! It made 3 or 4 errors however but it actually comes from the track itself, it "looks" lossy, those are old way trance, I own the CD and it is my personnal rip but have a laugh looking here, those lossless tracks are all weirdly cut at 18 Khz approx : http://img11.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=armin...enbluefear1.png

As for the features I'd like, now I know :

1) Important !! : I'd like the last tracks tested to appear when I quit and launch auCDtect again instead of nothing... Maybe you could add an option for that.
2) Important : Export as picture where we can see lossy and lossless with the colors (EDIT : instead of having to scroll and take screenshoot lol)
3) A bug : when selecting severals and clicking on the right button it selects only the one that was clicked.
4) Your logs are getting everywhere on my computer lol ! Can't it get embedded in the lossless file ? I guess this must be hard to do but it would be very practical .

With your software and a bit of graphic verification it becomes very easy to detect lossy files  ! It really detects tracks that have a "problem" like volontary cutoff or "bad" vinyl Rip so where audiochecker failed suspecting "good" lossless as lossy your software did not . I've used a 3 by 3 method on each core which makes it 6 at a time  and I checked "High" priority. Your rough system makes all the difference : one track was suspected as lossy but Audiochecker considered it lossless so I tried to restart and auCDtect then changed accuracy to precision and showed lossless, I believe this one's a "good" vinyl rip it was not released on CD either ...

Reply #13
3) A bug : when selecting severals and clicking on the right button it selects only the one that was clicked.

This isn't a bug. Right mouse click is calling a context menu for separate focused item, not for all previously selected.
In order to perform actions immediately for all selected items, use the main toolbar

4) Your logs are getting everywhere on my computer lol ! Can't it get embedded in the lossless file ? I guess this must be hard to do but it would be very practical .

In my humble opinion modification of source files (even such a harmless way) isn't a good idea. Moreover, the additional information can be inserted not in any audio file. But it can be implemented in future versions of the software as an optional feature (only for audio formats that support this feature)

Thank You for your comments and suggestions

Reply #14
What should I look for In spectrum analyzer, so that to distinguish lossless from lossy ?
Thanks

Reply #15
ThibWay

3) A bug : when selecting severals and clicking on the right button it selects only the one that was clicked

I think about it and decided that your proposal is not devoid of common sense. At least it is possible to make a right click is not cleared previous selection

But the context menu will still be called only for the item under the cursor!

IMPORTANT: Left click without simultaneously pressing the Ctrl or Shift will always cancel the previous selection

Reply #16

Sorry for poor English

Hi y-soft,

I first want to thank you for designing auCDtect Task Manager; it is an amazing tool!  I think the most important thing that is absent would be a way to check the files by directory, just like dBpoweramp's Batch Convert feature.  Instead of spending hours adding the files folder-by-folder  , I could have just selected the one directory and started the check before I went to bed last night  .  I hope you'll consider a batch checking feature.  Thanks again!

Reply #17
I.am.FLAC:
I may be wrong as I only tested this software once, but I think I recall that it was available in the option.

Hi, y-soft.
I asked for automatic deletion of temp decoded wav a few months ago (via the request feature of your homesite), from the changelog it seems that it was added, so thks  I'll test it sooner or later.

Reply #18
Hello y-soft,
The interesting thing is that your software sees all my WavPack Lossy as pure lossless 

Reply #19
Here are some prints:

Lossless:

Lossy:

auCDtect:

Reply #20
Hello y-soft,
The interesting thing is that your software sees all my WavPack Lossy as pure lossless

Hello yulyo,
My software uses to analyze the well-known console utility aucdtect, so it is a mistake of this utility.
Unfortunately, aucdtect utility has not been updated for a long time, and other similar I could not find 

Reply #21
Ok mate, thank you for your answer.

Reply #22
hm I have a problem. When I analyze any (and every) file, it works fine, gives it's conclusion indicating a %CDDA, but then errors.  When I view the details of a failed track and look at the log, it appears to have stopped in the "Spectrogram processing..." section, leading me to believe that whatever generates the spectrogram crashed.  In case it matters, I run Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  So, my question is, should I even pay attention to these errors?  All you should need is the CDDA %, right? Or is the spectrogram necessary?  I found no way to disable the spectrogram generation (unless I missed something), in order to stop it from erroring.

Reply #23
Hi SCOTU,

Thank you for your bug reports.

Please note that my tool is a shell over the set of third-party command line utilities. I try to include their most recent versions of the distribution, but can not guarantee that they will operate without bugs in 64-bit system.

Ability to disable the spectrograms processing will be introduced in the next version of my software

Reply #24
Thanks for the response and the disable option