IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

AAC vs LAME Mp3 Battery drain on Sony E series
zvnteq777
post Mar 15 2011, 17:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89019

Hi, I have a Sony E353 walkman mp3 player (also plays ogg, aac, flac, etc) anyway, I was thinking of converting my library to AAC 156kbps VBR but I was wondering if that or LAME q3 would drain the battery more, at identical bitrates, let's say 128 CBR for both AAC and LAME Mp3 (I'm using version 3.98.4) which would be a bigger drain on the battery?

Thanks so much for your help smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kornchild2002
post Apr 5 2011, 10:09
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 21277

Why are you bumping this thread almost a month later after no activity? The OP was asking if anyone here had a very specific Sony player and if owners of that player had conducted any battery drain tests of their own. The quickest solution for the OP would be to just make a series of playlists themselves (one for each respective format), sync them to the player, and spend a weekend draining the battery to see which one would push the player the longest amount of time. Your almost one month reply is actually less helpful to the OP as what saratoga stated. Granted, their reply may have been a little short and lacking explanation but it was an actual reply to the dated topic at hand.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 23:58