Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best kind of music for blind test? (Read 2631 times) previous topic - next topic

Best kind of music for blind test?

I'm going to perform a few blind tests on myself to see if it's worth me re-encoding my collection using -aps (I've used -r3mix in the past). What's the best kind of music to use as a test? I have all sorts in my collection so any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
BluDChyLD
ECS K7S5A
AMD Thunderbird 1.4
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
Creative SB Live! 5.1
384MB PC133 Ram
60GB Maxtor 720DX
LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD-165H
LiteOn Writer LTR-24102B
Windows XP Pro
19" NEC MultiSync v921
Tt Volcano 7 Heatsink/Fan

Reply #1
I tried a quick test with a gary moore song through some good sony headphones and to be honest I can't tell the differance between r3mix and aps at all. I took a guess at which sounded best and actually picked the r3mix track... I think i'll keep my collection as it is but Ill use aps for future encodes.
ECS K7S5A
AMD Thunderbird 1.4
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
Creative SB Live! 5.1
384MB PC133 Ram
60GB Maxtor 720DX
LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD-165H
LiteOn Writer LTR-24102B
Windows XP Pro
19" NEC MultiSync v921
Tt Volcano 7 Heatsink/Fan

Reply #2
I'd just keep the tracks as they are - if you come across artifacts later, just re-encode the tracks or albums where you hear them.