Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: in_mpc 0.90b: which replaygain/clipping mode recommened for (Read 5660 times) previous topic - next topic

in_mpc 0.90b: which replaygain/clipping mode recommened for

the topic says it all.

Reply #1
"Replaygain Off, Clipprotect album based"

In my opinion this is the best setting, the songs are still quite loud but won't clip and the dynamics within the album are still there.
You might want to set headroom to 0.

Reply #2
I think there's no need for ClipProtect if you set the Headroom to 0. Using or not using ReplayGain is a matter of personal preference.
BTW. the Headroom slider also seems to work if you did not run ReplayGain on your MPC files.

Reply #3
sorry, if this is a stupid question, but what is the meaning of "headroom"

ps: thanks for your replies 'til now

Reply #4
So I could safely encode without doing any replaygain stuff and never have to worry about clipping again?

Reply #5
Originally posted by ilikedirtthe2nd
sorry, if this is a stupid question, but what is the meaning of "headroom"

ps: thanks for your replies 'til now

I believe the dB setting on the "Headroom" slider corresponds to a scale value... like --scale in mppdec but in dB instead of an absolute number.  I could be wrong though...