Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC v0.95 beta 3 now available! (Read 24176 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC v0.95 beta 3 now available!

I just noticed, EAC v0.95 beta 3 is now available for download at http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/, with and without the CDRDAO package.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #1
Whats New

Posted: August, 30 2005

Here comes the new EAC 0.95b3. There are several issues fixed, e.g. some CUE sheets could not been written to CD-R using CDRDAO and now it is possible to wait for external compressors to finish the job before powering down the computer. For some users with high ping times (like satellite internet users) there is a new command line option called -slowconnect which will wait longer for a connection to be established, hope that will work better.
For the next version, I will finally implement the test & copy function for CD images, due to many requests.
Good luck with this version! )

Reply #2
and also from the new news.rtf...

Added option for fill track list from clipboard

Reply #3
I deleted the discussion about a specific release group. Discussion about such illegal groups are not welcome here.

Reply #4
For the next version, I will finally implement the test & copy function for CD images, due to many requests.

Yay! 

I didn't expect this feature to be implemented. I already look forward to the next version.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Reply #5
Why EAC still have no native flac support???
what the deal? 

Reply #6
Why EAC still have no native flac support???
Why is native FLAC support important? If you start natively supporting a whole bunch of formats then people are going to request more and more formats until the program is bloated and version changes are a nightmare. The current system is extremely modular which is a good thing (look at foobar2000 or Winamp).

Reply #7
I think flac is VERY POPULAR lossless and it really good.
EAC have support some rare lossless but have no flac, this is strange for me.
Nothing personal 

Reply #8
Hi alter4,

EAC works just great with Lossless FLAC or Lossless & Hybrid-Lossless WAVPACK.
See www.High-Quality.ch.vu for configuring your EAC with flac.

Reply #9
I think flac is VERY POPULAR lossless and it really good.
I still don't understand why natively implementing it would be important. The only extra work with a command line encoder is you have to download the encoder and specify a CLI argument. This shouldn't take very long (there's example ones in the HA wiki) and once it's set up you don't need to worry about it.

Reply #10
I still don't understand why natively implementing it would be important. The only extra work with a command line encoder is you have to download the encoder and specify a CLI argument. This shouldn't take very long (there's example ones in the HA wiki) and once it's set up you don't need to worry about it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323941"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It would be very nice to have WavPack/Flac implanted if you have to switch the encoder  several times. It's a little bit annoying to copy the CLI arguments every time ... sometimes I use EAC at a friend's PC, oh where is that line again?

Reply #11
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323941"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It would be very nice to have WavPack/Flac implanted if you have to switch the encoder  several times. It's a little bit annoying to copy the CLI arguments every time ... sometimes I use EAC at a friend's PC, oh where is that line again?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324027"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A side from using someone else's PC there is a really simple solution.  Create a Profile.  Save one called FLAC with your Flac setup and one called WavPack with it's setup.  Simply load the one you want.

EDIT: Spelling.

Reply #12
A side from using someone else's PC there is a really simple solution.  Create a Profile.  Save one called FLAC with your Flac setup and one called WavPack with it's setup.  Simply load the one you want.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324042"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Stupid me, I'm using EAC for years and never noticed the profile    OK, fine! thanx! 

Reply #13
It would be very nice to have WavPack/Flac implanted if you have to switch the encoder several times. It's a little bit annoying to copy the CLI arguments every time ... sometimes I use EAC at a friend's PC, oh where is that line again?

There are tools that let you rip once with EAC and encode to 2 or more formats in a one-time continuous process. Examples are MAREO, WACK and REACT.

See also:
Wack: Link
MAREO: Link
REACT: Link
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #14
Re: installing over an existing version

I currently have "0.95 prebeta 5 from 8" installed, along with AccurateRip.

[1]-- Is it safe to assume that I can just copy over the files from the new beta 3 zip download? (is there any need to clear out the old registry keys or anything?)

[2]-- Will it break the existing AccurateRip integration?

Thanks!

Reply #15
[1] It's safe, and there's no need.

[2] No it won't (at least on me).

I have gradually updated my EAC from pb5 -> b1 -> b2 -> b3
And all I did was extracting the files from the ZIP file and overwrite the old files.
Still running flawlessly, and AccurateRip still works too.

edit :
just fixing something that may confuse ppl out. =b

Reply #16
Great. Thanks for the confirmation!

Reply #17
Couple of months old I know, but anyway...

I've just installed a new RAID array, and so am currently in the process of installing my progs onto the clean HDs.  I still have my old HD, and indeed it is connected and will run EAC if launched.
I now want to install V0.95 beta 3 (currently on V0.95 prebeta 5), but would like to maintain as much as possible of my original configuration (no other hardware changes have been made).
So, is it possible to move my old install (copy & paste the EAC dir?) to my new HD?  And if so, can I then just copy the EAC V0.95 beta 3 files over the top?

At the very least I wanna keep the tagging DB info I have.  Is that just the 'CDDB.dat' file in the EAC home dir?

Thanks

Reply #18
Couple of months old I know, but anyway...

I've just installed a new RAID array, and so am currently in the process of installing my progs onto the clean HDs.  I still have my old HD, and indeed it is connected and will run EAC if launched.
I now want to install V0.95 beta 3 (currently on V0.95 prebeta 5), but would like to maintain as much as possible of my original configuration (no other hardware changes have been made).
So, is it possible to move my old install (copy & paste the EAC dir?) to my new HD?  And if so, can I then just copy the EAC V0.95 beta 3 files over the top?

At the very least I wanna keep the tagging DB info I have.  Is that just the 'CDDB.dat' file in the EAC home dir?

Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339579"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just keep the directories "freedb" & "profiles".  If you haven't saved any profiles I don't where it stores the settings.  Also keep the cddb.dat file.  I also recommend just saving a profile with the complete settings just in case.

EDIT: spelling.

Reply #19
There are several issues fixed, e.g. some CUE sheets could not been written to CD-R using CDRDAO and now it is possible to wait for external compressors to finish the job before powering down the computer.
Today I have used EAC v0.95 beta 2 for burning an audio CD for the first time with my new burner LG GSA-4165B and strange things happened.
I had the "Use CDRDAO for writing in the EAC layout editor" option checked and I got this error:

BTW: The CUE Sheet I wanted to burn was that one:
Code: [Select]
CATALOG 5099751347125
PERFORMER "Anastacia"
TITLE "Anastacia"
FILE "01 - Seasons Change.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Seasons Change"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401044
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "02 - Left OutSide Alone.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "Left OutSide Alone"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10400150
FILE "03 - Time.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "Time"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401047
FILE "04 - Sick and Tired.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 04 AUDIO
   TITLE "Sick and Tired"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401046
FILE "05 - Heavy On My Heart.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 05 AUDIO
   TITLE "Heavy On My Heart"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401038
FILE "06 - I Do.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 06 AUDIO
   TITLE "I Do"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401040
 TRACK 07 AUDIO
   TITLE "Welcome to My Truth"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401048
   INDEX 00 03:01:45
FILE "07 - Welcome to My Truth.wav" WAVE
FILE "08 - Pretty Little Dum Dum.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 08 AUDIO
   TITLE "Pretty Little Dum Dum"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401042
FILE "09 - Sexy Single.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 09 AUDIO
   TITLE "Sexy Single"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401045
FILE "10 - RearView.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 10 AUDIO
   TITLE "RearView"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401043
FILE "11 - Where Do I Belong.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 11 AUDIO
   TITLE "Where Do I Belong"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401049
 TRACK 12 AUDIO
   TITLE "Maybe Today"
   PERFORMER "Anastacia"
   ISRC USSM10401041
   INDEX 00 03:24:28
FILE "12 - Maybe Today.wav" WAVE

I will try to burn that CUE Sheet with Burrrn! and see what will happen...
Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to get better... ;)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Reply #20
I will try to burn that CUE Sheet with Burrrn! and see what will happen...
Alright, now I have finished my burning with Burrrn! so it seems that this issue is conected only to EAC...
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Reply #21
Hi folks,

maybe an old issue but I can´t manage to solve this problem on my own 
On my PC I have installed to complete separated Windows XP SP2. Both also include the Nero Burning Suite and both are working flawless (with Nero) - but
EAC only finds my DVD-Drive on one OS, on the other EAC only shows virtual drives lake daemon 
I did some attemps to change this: reinstalling EAC, reinstalling Nero, reinstalling ASPI, reinstalling the DVD-Drive inside the hardware manager but nothing helps me any further.
Can someone help me PLZ out of this dilema (I want to kill the EAC-working OS because it´s meanwhile after ~ 2 years that buggy and the new one doesn´t work with EAC  )

THX Daphy

Reply #22
Why not install the hacked XP uxtheme.dll,
then install iceman_JaguarVS_2.01.zip
both at: http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/jonmega/iceman/
then install the Y'z Shadow to give every window a drop shadow and transparent menus,
http://www.google.com/search?q=y%27z+shadow+download
and BAM!

You got pretty dropdown menus like on OSX rather than the Luna Blue theme:
screenshot

Now if I could only find a good windowshade program...

Reply #23
Why not install the hacked XP uxtheme.dll
You got pretty dropdown menus like on OSX rather than the Luna Blue theme
I'm sorry dude you didn't get the point my EAC is malfunctioning!
The ugly drop down menus is just a minor problem with the beta 3 in contrast to beta 2
FYI: I'm happy with the raw look of my WXP I really don't want any skins, colors and stuff like that!

Reply #24
EAC only finds my DVD-Drive on one OS, on the other EAC only shows virtual drives lake daemon

Virtual drives and ASPI don't work together (or just very seldom)! Uninstall daemon tools and EAC will work fine...