Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DSP Convert 5.0 to Stereo (Read 6037 times) previous topic - next topic

DSP Convert 5.0 to Stereo

Hey there guys,
I have a 5 channels WAV music album,
and I want to convert it to FLAC, 2 Channels(Stereo)
and I already tried The DSP " Convert 5.1 to Stereo" but it didn't work,
So which DSP should I use?
Thanks

Reply #1
Did you enable the DSP in the Converter’s own settings, not in the normal Preferences for playback?

Reply #2
Did you enable the DSP in the Converter’s own settings, not in the normal Preferences for playback?

no, just in the converting window,
should I do that?
EDIT: I did, it didn't change anything, after convert it's still 5 channels

Reply #4
Try channel mixer: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=29985

Okay, I tried, I copied the foo_channel_mixer.dll file in foobar components folder and for conversion I activated it,
but the converted file is still 5 channels, see:
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5350/picturexo.jpg
I alaso have a question which has nothing to do with this issue, and here it is:
when I rip an album to flac with any program other than foobar and play it with vlc, the cursor is shown and I can play frm any second/minute I want
but when I want to play a file which is converted by foobar, the cursor is not shown and when I click on the time panel to play from for example 1:23 it plays from the beginning, see:
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1879/picturj.jpg

Reply #5
and for conversion I activated it, but the converted file is still 5 channels, see:

Did you set output channel parameter to 2?

I alaso have a question which has nothing to do with this issue, and here it is:

Use FLAC 1.3.0 (for example install http://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack )

Reply #6
"Convert 5.1 to Stereo" as well as "Channel Mixer" work just fine here. Are you absolutely sure you enabled the DSP in the converter setup, by clicking on "Processing"?!

Reply #7
Did you set output channel parameter to 2?

OMG! I didn't know I have to configure the selected DSP... How stupid I am
I can't thank you enough pal.

Use FLAC 1.3.0 (for example install http://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack )

Thanks a lot for that pack, but the problem haven't been solved,
I realised that the cursor isn't shown while playnig multichannel FLAC files using vlc, and it has nothing to do with foobar,
and the problem is only with the FLAC files because I have played multichannel WAV files with no problem.

"Convert 5.1 to Stereo" as well as "Channel Mixer" work just fine here. Are you absolutely sure you enabled the DSP in the converter setup, by clicking on "Processing"?!

Yes, absolutely, now, I know how to use foobar, and,
the Channel mixer worked correctly and I have 2 Channels(stereo) flac in the output
but "convert 5.1 to stereo" isn't really working, and the "Configured Selected" button isn't available for that.

Reply #8
Thanks a lot for that pack, but the problem haven't been solved,

Really? Make sure that foobar2000 uses FLAC 1.3.0 encoder from the pack. Maybe there's another flac.exe somewhere else.

the problem is only with the FLAC files

The problem is in a bug in old flac.exe.

Reply #9
Really? Make sure that foobar2000 uses FLAC 1.3.0 encoder from the pack. Maybe there's another flac.exe somewhere else
The problem is in a bug in old flac.exe.

OMG! You're right!
I removed the flac.exe from C:\Program Files\FLAC and converted again,
Works just Fine!
Thank you very much 

Reply #10
Hello all

Greetings from New Zealand. I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if my query has already been answered elsewhere.

I am currently running Foobar2000 v.1.2.9 in kernel mode with USB output to a M2Tech HiFace DAC. I had no problems at all until I downloaded a multi-channel 24/96 flac file and this would not play. Changing the output to direct mode allowed the file to play but I am generally happier with the sound quality using kernel mode.

As for Shayan, I discovered through this thread that I could down sample the multi-channel file to stereo using the Foobar2000 converter and DSP and the resulting file plays fine in kernel mode. So presumably, my current setup doesn't allow playback of multi-channel files in kernel mode.

Does anybody know if this can be corrected somehow?

Many thanks