Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9 public beta (Read 272717 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9 public beta

Reply #300
Sorry if this has been answered before, but with fb2k v0.83 i was able to do the following from commandline arguments to instruct fb2k to do something e.g.

C:\Program Files\foobar2000_09_6\foobar2000.exe /next

this would go to the next track.

this does not seem to work in the new beta fb2k, has this been removed from the new version, or have the commands been changed?

please help

Reply #301
AlexanderTG: works for me.
anyway try foobar2000.exe /help
fb2k 0.9 beta 13.

Reply #302
Is the mpeg4 converter/extractor (foo_mpeg4u.dll in v0.8.3) going to be added to foobar2000 v0.9 or is it already implemented in v0.9?

Reply #303
Is the mpeg4 converter/extractor (foo_mpeg4u.dll in v0.8.3) going to be added to foobar2000 v0.9 or is it already implemented in v0.9?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318829"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is not implemented in 0.9 at the moment and it isn't sure yet wether it will be implemented.

Reply #304
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318829"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is not implemented in 0.9 at the moment and it isn't sure yet wether it will be implemented.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318831"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, picmixer!

Reply #305
Is new SDK will be awailable only with release?
And can we await it (SDK, in any case) soon?
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

Reply #306
Is new SDK will be awailable only with release?
And can we await it (SDK, in any case) soon?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=320252"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This question has been asked an answered a very large number of times.

Reply #307
and the reply is always the same but people seem to be a bit too impatient at times 

-daz

Reply #309
Will there be a 'special installer' version of 0.9 final?

Reply #311
I'm about to rip my entire CD collection to FLAC disk images with imbedded cuesheets and I've noticed that foorbar 8.3 doesnt handle the tagging of individual tracks - it only tags the whole album.

beta 6 on the other hand seems to handle this by updating the image with explicit tags of all the information currently included in entire album tags as well as the new tags for the track, all named so as to point to the relevant track

that could really be worded better, but anyway.....can I expect this behavior to be unaltered for the final release? it would be kind of annoying to rely on it for management purposes and then have my entire collection be obsoleted.

Reply #312
is it possible (when 0.9 will be in final version) to make some program to convert configuration from 0.8.3 into 0.9 ???
becouse "rewriting" all this setting will be horrible ;(

Reply #313
I'm about to rip my entire CD collection to FLAC disk images with imbedded cuesheets and I've noticed that foorbar 8.3 doesnt handle the tagging of individual tracks - it only tags the whole album.

beta 6 on the other hand seems to handle this by updating the image with explicit tags of all the information currently included in entire album tags as well as the new tags for the track, all named so as to point to the relevant track

that could really be worded better, but anyway.....can I expect this behavior to be unaltered for the final release? it would be kind of annoying to rely on it for management purposes and then have my entire collection be obsoleted.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322545"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I certainly hope that this excessive tagging behavior will be made optional in the final release. Here's why:
  • All of this added tag information is redundant. fb2k already dynamically maps all of the information contained in the CUESHEET tag to individual tracks within its tagz system. So there's nothing gained in terms of funcationality
  • The FLAC image file is cluttered with a few hundred useless and superfluous CUE_* Vorbis comment  tags
  • fb2k takes in excess of 10 minutes to add all those tags and write them to disk and does so without first prompting the user when any Vorbis comment tag is altered. The reason it takes so long seems to be that fb2k insists on rewriting the whole file about half a dozen times as part of the process (even if there's plenty of padding space available within the image).
  • There is a major bug in beta 6 with compilation (various artists) type CD images that destroys all individual track artist information (PERFORMER label in cue sheet) and even corrupts the CUESHEET tag accordingly whenever any tag is altered.

Reply #314
I certainly hope that this excessive tagging behavior will be made optional in the final release. Here's why:
  • All of this added tag information is redundant. fb2k already dynamically maps all of the information contained in the CUESHEET tag to individual tracks within its tagz system. So there's nothing gained in terms of funcationality
  • The FLAC image file is cluttered with a few hundred useless and superfluous CUE_* Vorbis comment  tags
  • fb2k takes in excess of 10 minutes to add all those tags and write them to disk and does so without first prompting the user when any Vorbis comment tag is altered. The reason it takes so long seems to be that fb2k insists on rewriting the whole file about half a dozen times as part of the process (even if there's plenty of padding space available within the image).
  • There is a major bug in beta 6 with compilation (various artists) type CD images that destroys all individual track artist information (PERFORMER label in cue sheet) and even corrupts the CUESHEET tag accordingly whenever any tag is altered.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323197"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree that the CUE_* Vorbis comment  tags do clutter the file up somewhat and I have experienced the ridiculous delay while it writes to disk; and that bug is pretty bad.

In respect to the dynamic reading of the CUESHEET tag, that works fine for reading tags that you got from the original rip or wherever, but in terms of getting new indivudual track tags, it seems to me that that's gonna mean directly editing the cue sheet tag in either foobar (which looks like a complete mess for me due to unix text) or via metaflac; both of which are rather clunky.

Having said that, wouldn't it be relatively easy to modify the tag editor so that it detects the occurance of a cuesheet and have the option of writing a global tag for the whole file or writing a 'tag' for the individual track by modifying the cuesheet?

Reply #315
Beta 7 released. The usual place.

Have fun 

Changelog:
-Various bug fixes, fixed AAC streaming, faster tagging of multi-chapter files

Reply #316
The Visualization is quite a jerky. Tryed with 44fps and 85fps. Monitor Refreshrate is 85 Hz. CPU load is under 20% at all times with Resampler and dithering in foobar. No difference between audio format's. I have CPU idle running, if it does make any difference that normal Windows system idle process is 'disabled'.

Reply #317
Thank You foosion.
For fullfilling my request, need to experiment.
kode54 update foo_osd please.
fb2k 0.9 beta 13.

Reply #318
Beta 7 released. The usual place.

Have fun 

Changelog:
-Various bug fixes, fixed AAC streaming, faster tagging of multi-chapter files
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323250"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The beta 6 compatible versions of columns_ui and freedb don't appear to work with beta 7, or am I missing something?

Reply #319
The beta 6 compatible versions of columns_ui and freedb don't appear to work with beta 7, or am I missing something?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323290"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's right. You can get updated versions of foo_freedb and my other components at my beta page (see signature for link).

Reply #320
foosion when random entry is playing the tags apear on title, but not tray's tooltip (both have same formating)
fb2k 0.9 beta 13.

Reply #321
Cue sheets don't seem to work anymore

Reply #322
foosion when random entry is playing the tags apear on title, but not tray's tooltip (both have same formating)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323296"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I made a separate thread for foo_random, so please use that for discussion about it instead of spamming the beta thread with posts that have nothing to do with the beta itself.

Cue sheets don't seem to work anymore [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323304"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The cue sheet parser no longer accepts errors. Your cue sheets are malformed.

Reply #323
Beta thread syndrome: a special case of mass idiocy infecting large numbers of forum members. Symptoms:
- Inability to write correct tech support questions or problem reports
- Inability to start new threads - everything needs to go to single thread that becomes impossible to make any sense of
- Inability to choose appropriate thread to reply to
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.