Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Embeded images (Read 7798 times) previous topic - next topic

Embeded images

I'm new to the CD Archiving world and have started encoding my CD collection into WavPack using dbpoweramp r12 beta, awesome program!

I have been embeding my files with album art but have yet to figure out which player I can use to view the album art in the file. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Embeded images

Reply #1
i don't believe that WavPack supports embeded artwork yet.

Embeded images

Reply #2
APEv2 does, and WavPack uses that.

Embeded images

Reply #3
I can add and display covers with AudioShell 1.2.
WavPack 5.7.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Embeded images

Reply #4
I spoke with david (of wavpack) a couple of months ago to ask if he supports the ape tag standard of Media Jukebox (as it does with .ape files), this has been finalized to the same standard.

Embeded images

Reply #5

Embeded images

Reply #6
so only AudioShell can view it?

Embeded images

Reply #7
Seems so. AudioShell is the first program I've seen that actually displays cover art stored in APE tags. Thanks for that link above, this desktop extension is quite nice to edit the cover art stored in my FLAC files.

Embeded images

Reply #8
As spoon said, J. River Media Center (former Media Jukebox) supports embedded images in Monkey's Audio and Musepack files. Scot Thompson has developed WavPack plugins for JRMC v. 11.1 and v. 12 beta, but he has not yet implemented embedded cover art support. I'll inform him about this thread.

I have an impression that adding support for embedded art shouldn't be too difficult. If I recall correctly we had some discussion about this at J. River forum a few months ago.

Scot's plugins are available at Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161914.

Embeded images

Reply #9

dBpowerAMP R12 will show them also, select file, or files, right click >> Properties >> Audio Properties

Embeded images

Reply #10

dBpowerAMP R12 will show them also, select file, or files, right click >> Properties >> Audio Properties

Spoon, is this currently enabled in R12 beta?
That is what I'm using now and the Audio Properties shows a bunch of blank info.

Embeded images

Reply #11
It'd be really cool if someone could spend the time to tweak/update the Winamp plugin and on top of adding tag editing capabilities found a way to have it display the cover art durign track/image playback.

Embeded images

Reply #13
Spoon, is this currently enabled in R12 beta?
That is what I'm using now and the Audio Properties shows a bunch of blank info

Yes, there is a cover art in the top left. Make sure you are on the latest beta, uninstall old beta and update the codec.

Embeded images

Reply #14
Spoon,
Thanks for the reply!
I was using beta 1 and upgraded to beta 2 after your reply but still have empty data under Audio Properties. I am running Windows x64 and am wondering if that could be the issue?